Chapter 02

Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra

Mumbai is known for its skyscrapers, street food, beach, traffic and chaotic lifestyle. But once you fell for this city, you will find comfort in every place.

Same goes with a girl. A girl who is a doctor by profession, lives with her family in a surprisingly quiet area of the city, surrounded by greenery and bougainvillea surrounding every house's main door arch.

Her sweet and little family of five is a kind of family everyone wishes for.

It was a fine morning because it was Sunday. The sun decides to wake her up as her alarm failed to do so. She slept on her desk only, with pages scattered around and a pen still stuck in between fingers.

She rubs her eyes softly and quickly went for a shower. After a while, she was all ready to enjoy her day off when she heard her name being called by her mother.

Naina
__________________________________________________________________

Good morning everyone. She wishes while descending down the stairs.

A very good morning sweetheart. Her elder brother, Arjun wishes her with a sweet smile which was too suspicious.

She frowned and looked at him because she could sense some trouble coming from far seeing her brother talking this sweetly with her.

You again got drunk? I am going to tell Dad. Or who got into you? She asked taking her seat in front of him.

Maybe Nitara finally gave him a green signal after two years of trying. A voice came from behind making her laugh and Arjun's ears turned red.

Wow Dad! How generous of you think that someone will like him. Naina voiced her sarcasm.

Shut up you! Arjun started a fight.

Stop everyone! The voice of their boss shut them up.

Suddenly Naina's phone pinged and she opened it to read. Her face fell with annoyance as the message read she has to come to the hospital today and that too within 20 minutes.

I have to leave for the hospital. Dr. Abhiraj just messaged me. Happy day off to me. She told her parents and apologise to her mother for cancelling their movie date to which she smiled and said,

We can go to the late night show. Its been a long time since we've been out that late. It will be fun. You go. Your responsibility comes first.

She smiles and ran towards her room to pack her bags and left for her hospital.

_________________________________________________________________

As soon as she stepped inside the 5th floor, a little girl in a hospital gown came running towards her and lunges on her shoulders.

Naina di!!! Good morning. You came on Sunday also! I missed you. Dr. Abhiraj scolded me today. I am not going to talk to him now. He is bad. And he makes you work a lot. He wants everything on time. Bhavya, a sweet six year old girl complains to Naina.

Bhavya! He cares for you. He wants you to get fit very soon. She explains her but that stubborn little girl was too hard to please.

Naina knows her too well so she took out two chocolate bars, the healthy one from her bag and waves it in the air only to earn a squeal and a kangaroo jump to snatch that away.

She then took Bhavya to her bed and tuck her in with a comic book to read.
__________________________________________________________________

Dr. Naina! You are late. The meeting has been started 10 minutes ago. Do you have any discipline? You call yourself a doctor. Abhiraj's heavy voice boomed in the room.

Naina was already upset because her plan with her mother got cancelled. Dr. Abhiraj's accusation added fuel to it.

Sir! As per your instruction, every day I have to take a round on children's ward first so I was there. Dr. Swati was there too. And I was never informed about any meeting. Not even when you messaged me this morning.

She handled it very politely and her senior had nothing to say. He asks her to take her seat. Swati, her best friend tells her to calm down by blinking her eyes and she smiles with that gesture.
________________________________________________________________

All around 5PM the meeting got over, Naina headed towards her cabin to wind everything up and then take a final round to the children ward and asked the nurse to give everyone food and medicines on time and headed back home.

Hey! Little princess! You are back. Her father, Rakesh gently took her into a hug and patted her head lovingly.

Yes Dad! How was your day and where is everyone? She roam her eyes around the living room.

Your Mom is in our room and Arjun has gone out with his crush. Rakesh giggles and Naina joins him.

Okay! I'll go freshen up and then I and Mom are going out. Saying this she went to her room.

Meanwhile, there was someone already present in her room, hiding behind her bed waiting for her. Naina quickly went inside her washroom and gets changed and then sat on her bed and threw something behind her bed.

A loud squeal was heard and someone jumps out. It was a girl with hairs till her shoulders, wearing a blue frock with a pearl bracelet on his left wrist and a big specs resting on her nose.

Naina!! Why did you threw this fake frog on me?

Because I knew that you would be here, you are not smart enough to outsmart me little missy. Next time, remember to hide your shoes properly. Naina pointed towards the side of her dressing table where the laundry basket was kept. The shoes were there.

Preeti! She face palmed herself and then hugs her so tightly and they both share a good laugh.

C'mon! Let's go downstairs. I am joining you guys to the movie. Preeti grins and Naina shakes her head seeing her sister's happiness.

By the way, When did you came? Naina asks her.

An hour ago. Kaki told me about the Movie date and I couldn't resist going out that too late at night. Our plan didn't work out last time. Kaki was so upset so I decided that if you are treating her with the movie and meal, I'll treat her with shopping. Preeti chips and Naina smiles seeing her love towards her mother, Sakshi.
_________________________________________________________________

Happy Reading Everyone ❤️

Love,
Rashi.