chapter three

yoongi's pov 

during the funeral i sit with y/n's family in the front. people stand in a line to offer us their condolences. her family thank them but i just nod with a tear stained face and look down. i feel a hand being placed on my shoulder or hear simple sorrowful words each time someone passes by. once the service begins i space out and just look at her pale, lifeless body in the casket. i never should have taken her for granted. i feel a small tug on my sleeve and look down to see hajoon. y/n's three year old brother. he took a liking to me ever since he met me. he makes grabby hands at me signaling me to pick him up. i place him on my lap and turn to see her parents looking at me with small smiles. i return the gesture and return my attention to the casket. 

soon enough it's time to lower the casket into the ground. the casket is closed and everyone goes forward to say their final goodbyes. her parents go forward before me. her mom breaks down and begins to hyperventilate. her father who has tears running down his face has to get her away from the scene. i walk towards her casket with hajoon in my arms. as i get closer to her casket i feel my legs start shaking and my chest goes up and down. once i'm in front of it i put hajoon down and kneel by the casket and start to sob. 

yoongi: i'm so sorry princess. i'm so so fucking sorry. i wish it was me instead of you. 

i sob into the caskets hard surface. then i feel small hands wrap around me and something snuggles into my chest. i notice that it's hajoon. 

hajoon: don't cry. sissy is just sleeping but she'll wake up later. 

he turns to look at the casket. 

hajoon: right sissy? 

i sob even more and hug him back. after a few minutes a lady who i recognize as y/n's aunt takes hajoon from my arms and gives me a small hug followed by a "it will get better." hajoon somehow manages to get loose and runs back to my arms. the lady runs after him and tries to take him from me again. 

yoongi: it's fine. let him stay with me. 

my voice came out deep and raspy due to the crying. 

she sighs and leaves. 

me and hajoon stay sitting next to the casket. just as they start to lower it into the ground i put hajoon's face into my chest so he can still believe his sister is still going to wake up.