4

"I'm sorry for bothering you, but can you help me with this?" Chaeyeon whispers, leaning over to Sakura with her music theory booklet.

Music classes were the easiest for Chaeyeon since she'd already had tuition in Korea. She looked forward to the dances the teacher had promised to teach every week.

But Sakura never was around to see her dance, because Chaeyeon hadn't moved into the school yet.

Sakura grumbles and rolls her eyes. She's about to say something in Korean that'll probably hurt Chaeyeon for the rest of the week, but the creak of the dance studio door interrupts her.

The teacher walks in; dance rehearsals are about to start.

"Lee Chaeyeon, first," the teacher says. Chaeyeon nods and utters a small 'hai', putting her booklet away. The teacher grins, watching Chaeyeon get into position eagerly. In fact, everyone's watching her eagerly.

Sakura wonders why. She scratches her nape.

Then the first move starts, and her jaw drops.

...

Kkura: the FUCK SHE DANCES SO WELL

Kkura: AND SHE'S SO PRETTY DANCING?? NANI

Kkura: HER HAIR DANCES BETTER THAN THIS CLASS

Yena: aw is someone falling for her

Kkura: no fuck you

Yena: :3

Kkura: but seriously though? She's really beautiful??

Yena: heehee

Kkura: don't think anything of it

Kkura: she's not my type

Kkura: she's so annoying yet pretty I hate it

Yena: HEEHEE

Kkura: I WILL BEAT YOU AFTER THIS CLASS

Yena: okay

Yena: take care of Chaeyeon, ok? She might like you too ;)

Kkura: bAKA

Yena: what did you just call me

Kkura: ily too

...

Sakura sighs, defeated, and slumps against the mirror of the studio. The footwork is too hard. She swears she's already twisted both her ankles twice trying to get it on beat.

Everyone else has already retreated to their dorms. Sakura stays back to practice more. At seven, even her teacher stands up to leave.

"Go back to your dorm after ten, alright?" the teacher calls behind her shoulder. "Don't stress yourself too much. We still have three weeks before the performance, 'kay?"

She tries again, replaying the song.

"H-hi?" Chaeyeon whispers, rapping her fingers on the door. She lets herself in.

"Don't mind me. I'm just here to practice," she says comfortably in Korean, and joins in on the next beat when Sakura starts.

She really is like a feather, Sakura thinks, starstruck.

Nah, she grumbles, I've just never seen such a dancer.

At nine fifty, Sakura reaches out to Chaeyeon: "The studio closes after ten. Go back to your dorm."

"Okay," Chaeyeon says, grabbing her jacket from the coat hook.

"Wait," Sakura stutters, fumbling for more words, "I'll walk you back, it's dark now."

Chaeyeon's heart skips a beat, but she doesn't think much of it as she lets Sakura walk side by side with her back to her dorm.