Chapter Two

author's note: before we jump into it i'd like to say a big thank you for all the love i've received after chapter one! the words truly warm my heart <3 okay now here we go!

"Clarke you've been incredibly distracted this week." Madi shovels cereal into her mouth while interrogating her mom. Clarke snaps out of her dreamlike state and raises her eyebrows at the child across the table from her.
"I have not."
Madi shrugs it off and shoves the ice blue bowl away from her, "okay Clarke"
"I haven't!" Clarke yells after Madi as she runs down the hallway to her room. I have. Clarke would never say it outloud but the beautiful chestnut haired woman has been dancing through her thoughts since Aden's last lesson. And of course Clarke would never admit that all of her recent paintings have been of the small details of Lexa that drive Clarke insane. The paper she finished in the wee hours of this morning held just one of Lexa's stunning green eyes. The gold flecks sparkle on the paper and somehow just one eye captures the calm demeanor that is Lexa. And Clarke just isn't ready to admit that under that paper is one of Lexa's right hand in charcoal. And that the one under that is Lexa's full lips in watercolor.
~
"Madi come on love!" Clarke yelled down toward their barn where Madi was saying good morning to all the horses. Clarke turned to grab her keys off the hook and shut the front door behind her. A few minutes later small hands appeared on the front seat of Clarke's huge truck. Clarke turned and smiled with amusement as Madi kicked and scrambled up into the seat. "Ready kid?"
"Yeah" Madi panted.
Clarke reached for her sunglasses that hung from the rearview mirror and slipped them on. Clarke drove with one hand, the other on Madi's head rubbing the hair that she dutch braided this morning softly. This kid meant so much to her and Clarke was so lucky that Madi came into her life when she did.
"Bye Mads!" Clarke watched as Madi jumped from the truck and hit the ground with a thud.
"Bye Mom!" Madi ran off to first grade and Clarke pulled out of the school parking lot. Clarke turns into the long line of parents waiting to exit the campus. She huffs with annoyance until she catches sight of who's waiting right next to her. Lexa has her top two shirt buttons undone, sleeves rolled above her elbows,  her straightened hair swept over her right shoulder, and black circular sunglasses completed the look. Lexa had one arm hanging out of her police cruiser, the other was used to prop her head up on the armrest. Her thumb brushed over her lips absentmindedly and Clarke couldn't help but wonder what else those fingers could do. Clarke rolled down her window and called, "Hey Lexa, fancy seeing you here!"
"Clarke!" Lexa allowed a smile to sneak through her lips. "Didn't get enough of me last week?" Lexa smirked when Clarke's ears turned that familiar rosy red.
She's a lot more forward today Clarke thinks to herself.
"Not nearly enough" Clarke winks, deciding to play along.
"Well if that's the case...do you want to join me for lunch today?" Lexa looked as if she let out a secret, her eyes significantly wider and resembled a baby racoon.
"You won't be too busy throwing the bad guys in jail?" Clarke takes in Lexa's strong forearms on display.
"Nah they can wait until after our lunch d-" Lexa stops herself before she says date but Clarke knows what she wanted to say anyway.
"Okay Woods I'll take your offer, but only if we can go to the place you were going on and on about last week. I'm craving it now!"
"Yes!" Lexa throws her head back in laughter and Clarke almost passes out at the full view of Lexa's strong defined neck. "Meet me at the station around one!" Lexa honks as she pulls out of the school and onto the road. Clarke can't wipe the stupid grin off her face no matter how hard she tries and drives back home in a bliss.