Chapter 2

unaware of the deal being made by his wife with the goddess Gaia James potter was facing a secret that the potter family had hidden for centuries, their connection with Thanatos the primordial god of death. just before he had entered Hogwarts James father Charles had gifted him with their families cloak of invisibility that had been passed down from father to son for generations, it was while receiving the cloak that his father had told him that the potter family were the last descendants of Ignotus Preverell a demi god child of Thanatos the primordial god of death. 

James had been full of questions and his father had tried to answer them the best he could but over the years the potters had tried to cut their connection with Thanatos only telling the heir of the family to prevent the information from leaking, with the wizarding contempt for anything that may be considered dark the potter had quickly cut ties with their darker heritage to keep from catching the attention of others in a negative way. over the years James had never thought that he would have to break this nearly sacred rule even in secret but with the escalation of the war it was now impossible for him to continue his family.

james stared at the carpet as he truly thought over what he was about to do, the raid three nights ago had been the worst night of his life not because he had lost anyone close to him but because it had been the raid that had cost him his family line. a death eater had hit him with a curse that he hadn't recognized but he had felt fine and had continued to fight, it was only after the raid that he had asked remus to examin him and found out what some bastard had done to him.

they had spent the last three days trying to find the spell in the ministry archives so they could find a way to reverse the effects but when they had found it the last of james hopes were crushed as they found the effects to be permanent, james had distanced himself from his friends as he tried to come to terms with the fact that he would never be able to have a child. James had been preparing himself to tell lilly about what had happened and that he would be fine if she had a child with someone else if it would allow them to have a child of their own, that's when he had stepped into their room and saw his invisibility cloak casually thrown over a chair. 

"Thanatos" james said with so much emotion that the word would have broken had he said it above a whisper, james tried to convey everything he was feeling with the simple word. 

"James Potter" the name was whispered in a voice that sounded like a breeze drifting thru a grave yard, looking up sharply James found a hooded figure standing in front of him wearing a thick black cloak that was so dark it seemed to swallow all the light around it and even though james couldn't see it's face he knew that the entity was annoyed with him or more likely with his ancestors.

"and here I thought that the potter family had decided to cut all ties to their past, why have you called to me legacy?" Thanatos asked looking down at the last of his human decendents and though he wanted to be cross with the man and his ancestors for having cut him out of their lives, he knew that he could not blame them for seeking to protect themselves. 

"I don't know if you are aware but I am the last of my line and three days ago while fighting a terrorist group I was hit with a curse that has killed any chance I had of having a child of my own, I'm begging you Thanatos please help me give my wife a child" Thanatos stayed quiet as james explained what had happened but in his mind Thanatos was thinking over his decendants request carefully. he was the primordial embodiment of death after all it wasn't often that he was able to bring life into the world but with james being his decendant and a magical being it may be possible but it would be a one time thing. 

"there may be a way for me to grant your wish my desendant but if I were to aid you I would need to take over your body to insure that your wife is impregnated, would you allow this?" Thanatos watched james carefully as he seemed to consider this for a few moments, finally james came to a decision and stood tall with his back straight as he nodded his head to the embodiment of death.