ǝuo ɹǝʇdɐɥɔ

"..and I win again!"

Riley sighed and slid over 500$. It was his part of the bet, and he wished he had set his bet lower. Riley had already lost 1,500$ to Jay, while he hadn't lost anything to Riley. 

"Tch.. Come on man, are you cheating or something?!" Riley grunted, as he was getting frustrated with Jay. Jay looked at him with his sharp, light blue stare. 

"Mmm.. Perhaps.." Jay said with a smirk and looked back down at his playing cards. He set them down on the small, wooden table. "Or.. Maybe I'm just waaayy better than you at gambling!" Jay leaned back in his chair. He looked back up at Riley and grinned. 

Riley stood up and slapped his playing cards on the table. A frown slowly appeared on his face. "Whatever, I'm just gonna.. head home."  He pushed his chair in and started heading for the door, but Riley came to a halt as he was interrupted by Jay.

"Mm. Riley, I forgot to tell you." Jay stood up and looked away from Riley. "I'm hosting a graduation party for you, Forrest, Dylan, Andre, and me." He shot a side glance at Riley. "It'll be in the old bar on that mountain near Peaks' River." Jay smiled and turned his back on Riley. "I hope you can make it."

Riley cracked a small smile as he grabbed the rusty door handle. "Yeah, yeah. I'll go if Forrest can make it."

"Aw, come on, man.. I want you to come, even if Forrest's not coming. It's  gonna be a special party, you won't regret it, I prommmissse!" Jay turned around to face the blonde-hair kid. He looked like a pouty, whiny child. 

Riley debated about it for a bit. He didn't even want to go, he had a bad history with bars. "Hmmmph. Fiiiinneee... BUT! If I don't enjoy the experience, It's all your fault, Jay." Riley huffed, opening the door. He stepped outside and turned around to face Jay one last time. 

"Bye-bye, Riley." Jay closed his eyes and smiled one last time for Riley. Riley had a confused, somewhat disgusted look and closed the door. 

*click*

Jay dropped his fake smile. 

"That fucking green-haired kid won't live to see another day soon." 

"I'll make his little, pathetic life a living hell." Jay's face had formed a crazy smile. He took out his switchblade and threw it at the wall. The blade went completely into the wall. 

"Just you wait, you little fucker."

Riley walked down to the road. He saw his shiny, red car parked on the side in perfect condition. 

*bzz.* *bzz.*

He dug into his pocket and pulled out his phone to find it ringing. It was an unknown number, but Riley took the call anyway. 

"Mmph, hello?" Riley didn't really want to talk, so he attempted to say as little as he could.

"RILLLEEYYY!!" Forrest's voice burst through the phone. Riley recognized it immediately since they were dating. He heard his voice every single day. "Riley, come home, pleeaase.. You've been gone for hours, where have you been?!?"

"Uh.. I told you where I was. I was with Jay-"

"WHAT?!? WITH JAAAYY?? Rilleeey, you know better! Jay is soo mean.." Riley could picture Forrest's face right now. Pouty, cranky, and disgusted.

Riley sighed, another frown forming on his face. "Forrest, Jay has changed over these months. Can't you give him a chance?" He began tapping his foot in impatience. Riley did not want to talk to Forrest right now, and if anything, he wanted to go back to Jay. 

"Whatever, Riley. I want you to come back home, now! And I mean n-"

Riley hung up on Forrest.

He was tired.

Riley pulled up to where Forrest and Dylan were staying. He threw his head back, opened the door, and stepped out of his dusty car. Riley slammed the door shut and started to approach the house in hesitation. He was about to change his mind and go back to Jay, but his thoughts of that were suddenly stopped. Dylan opened the door, not expecting to see Riley standing near their house.

"Oh, angel guy! You're here? I'll call Forrest over. Come in!"

Oh, fuck. Now I actually have to talk to them. Riley grunted to himself, wishing he had never come here. 

Riley stepped into the house, immediately being attacked by Forrest with a hug. 

"Riley, you have to stay over tonight. Dylan and I have missed you so much, and-"

"Um, no.." Riley paused for a little bit, thinking about what to say next. "..no thanks." He pushed himself away from Forrest, being overwhelmed by the attention he was getting. "I actually came over to tell you something." 

Forrest's face transitioned from content to gloomy. "Riley, do you not like me anymore?" Forrest turned to Dylan, who seemed to not want to be involved with this situation.

"Ah.. No, don't take it that way. I'm just.." Riley looked the other way. "..tired." 

Forrest scowled. "Well, then.. Why don't you stay over?" He folded his arms in frustration. "You can stay over for the night, and then you can.. Go back to Jay and have fun without me!" Forrest growled passive-aggressively. 

"Ugh, Forrest, Jay is only a fr-"

Riley felt a small tug on his sleeve and turned to face Dylan.

"Riley, I think.. I think you should just leave." Dylan whispered to him, looking the other way afterward. Riley closed his eyes and nodded quietly.

"Well, what I was planning on telling you was that Jay is holding a graduation party for us. You, me, Dylan, and Andre." Riley started backing out of the house. "But.. I guess you didn't seem interested in what I had to say. So, I'll be taking my leave."

Forrest had an immediate look of regret in his eyes. "Wait, Riley! I.. I didn't-"

Dylan silenced the green-haired boy with a stare. He didn't want this situation to escalate further than it already has. 

"He says it's near Peaks' River. Hope you'll be there."

Out of the house stepped Riley. 

*SLAM*