oʍʇ ɹǝʇdɐɥɔ

Riley had decided to head home, however, his car was running low on gas. Riley frowned, as he didn't have any money on him.

I lost it.. all to Jay. Riley grumbled and scowled. That cheater. I have no choice but to go back to him. 

And so that he did. Riley went back to the cabin that Jay and he gambled in.  While driving, he kept thinking about what to say to Jay. Riley sighed to himself. As he was driving, he got lost in his thoughts and before he knew it he'd already arrived at the cabin, with still no idea what to say to Jay. Riley stepped out of the red car, preparing himself to deal with that black-and-blue haired monstrosity. 

Hnngh.. I don't wanna go in there. I just wanna go home. Riley bit his lip and looked away from the small, sturdy cabin. He quietly closed his door, being sure not to alert Jay. Despite his attempts, Riley jumped and turned around to see Jay open the door and lean in the doorframe. The boy was wearing a dark, creamish/tannish coat suit. The suit was unbuttoned, and his tie was hanging loose. 

"Hm? Oh- Uh.. Riley, what are you back here for?" Jay quickly stood upright and started buttoning up his coat. He looked surprised and flustered. 

"Um.. I.." Riley looked away from Jay. He hadn't expected to see Jay in such a.. manner. Riley finally knew what he was going to say. However, it was very difficult for Riley to manage to speak these words, as he had never done it before.

"Riley, come in. You look cold." Jay gestured for Riley to come in, but he was hesitant. "You can tell me why you're here inside." 

Riley sighed again. "Okay, bonehead," he looked up at Jay's sharp stare, "I'll come inside." He muttered these words as he started walking up to the cabin. Jay held the door open for the cautious Riley.

Riley only muttered a few profanities before sitting down in front of Jay. He leaned back in his chair and watched Jay take a seat as well.

"So, why did you come here, ya twit?" Jay scooched his chair forward. He was interested to see why such Riley would come back to talk to him after losing. He never did that, often times, he would complain about losing so much money and then storm out of the cabin.

Ugh, fuck. How do I say this without sounding bitchy? Riley had tried to think about this in the car, but his thoughts were so scrambled that he couldn't put anything together. Riley began softly to Jay, "Uhm.. I.."

"C'mon, speak up, dumbass.. I can barely hear you!" Jay scowled and grumbled. "I don't have all day, I have a.." Jay paused in his sentence. He contemplated it for a bit, then resumed what he was going to say. "..I have a party that I need to go to."

Riley jumped. He was pissed at Jay now. It wasn't Riley's fault that Jay was "late," it was Jay's fault in the first place for inviting him inside to the cabin.

"Ugh! Fine, I need like.. 20$ back so that I can get back home. My car is low on gas, and I can repay you back the next time I see you. Is that fair?" Riley looked strictly at Jay, focusing on his expressions.

Jay just sat there.

In silence.

"..."

"HAHAHA, OH MY FUCKIN' GOD, RILEY! THAT'S A GOOD ONE! I..!" Jay was laughing his ass off. He paused to catch his breath from laughing so much. "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.. YOU CAME BACK FOR THAT?! IM GONNA PISS MY PANTS, RILEY.. HAHA-"

"Shut the fuck up, Jay!"

Riley stood up swiftly from his chair. It almost sounded like the whole room was trembling before Riley. Riley's blue eyes were as piercing as ever, staring into Jay's cold, dead soul.

"I've helped you in YOUR time of need, why can't you help me in MINE?!" 

Jay swallowed silently. Never had he seen Riley this angry before. Jay could feel the sweat forming on his face in fear of what Riley could do to him.

"Ah. U-umm.. Yes.. Of course.. H-how much do you need again..?" Jay opened his wallet and looked down at it.

"Just.. just a 20. That's it." Riley looked away from Jay. He didn't want to yell at his friend of a few years, but in order to get Jay to cooperate, he needed to do what he needed to do.

"Thanks.." Riley said in a more soothing voice. He had begun to calm down.

"Mmm.. No problem.. Just.. helping a.." Jay went silent again. Jay scowled. He looked frustrated with himself. It looked like he couldn't get something that he had a strong desire for. "Just helping a 'friend.'"

Riley stayed silent. He was confused by Jay's sudden and random pauses in between his sentences. He looked over at Jay who was extending a 20 dollar bill towards him.

"H-here.. Now get back home, you.. You dumbass.." Jay turned to the side of his chair. He no longer wanted to talk to Riley. Jay's face turned red as he wiped the sweat off of his forehead.

Riley grabbed the 20 dollar bill and broke out a small smile. "Thanks, Jay." 

"Mmmph," Jay's face was covered with embarrassment and fear. "Also, Riley.."

Riley pushed his chair in and looked at the flustered Jay. "Hmm? What?"

"The party is going to be in three days. I.. I really hope you can make it." Jay leaned back in his chair.

"Hmmph. Of course, Jay."

Riley had made it home. The 20 dollars was just enough money to get him enough gas to drive back home. He was glad that he did. If it wasn't for that blue-and-black haired moron, he would have never made it back home. 

Riley had stepped out of his car to see a spectacular, wonderful, surprising sight.

Forrest was waiting at the door with Dylan with an orange folder.  Forrest caught a glimpse of Riley in the corner of his eye.

"Riley, come quick!"