04

-Mickaela’s POV-

I wake up yawning and head downstairs to make breakfast and as I go to grab a bowl for cereal, a piece of paper with a note was lying on the kitchen bench. I’m going to be home alone today so I decide to beep Paige to come over and do some random girly things.

We had watched “Titanic”, “The Notebook” and “Romeo and Juliet” and we were still sitting on the couch whilst I was explaining to her about what happened with Ashton and the band practice I went to the other day.

“Ooo what are their names?” Paige interrupts now excited.

 “That’s not really important I’m in the midd-“ She interrupts me again. “Tell me! You’d be surprised the people I know.” She chuckles winking at me.

“Well-“ I take a deep breath remembering their names. “There’s Luke, Michael. And uh Calum.” I blush as I blurt out his name.

“Wait as in Luke Hemmings, Michael Clifford and Calum Hood?” Paige squeezes my hand tightly. “Yeah I think so.. wait how do you know them?” I respond.

 “I know people.” She giggles.

 “Seems to me you have a thing for one of them.” She winks and I glare at her in denial.

“And what makes you think that?”

“You should see the colour of your cheeks right now! I’m not even kidding they are as red as a tomato.”

“Pft I’m serious. They’re too dorky for me. “ I lie thinking about how convincing that actually sounded. “Whatever girly.” She rests her head on my shoulder moving the now half empty tissue box.

-

As I toss and turn lying on top of my bed sheets I grab my jacket off my chair to put it on because I’m starting to feel a little chilly. My hands feel so cold so I put them in the pockets only to reveal  a piece of paper appearing to be from Calum because there is a number on it with small writing underneath, Feel free to chat if you need someone to talk to or if you want to hang out sometime :D –Cal x

I look down at it confusingly wondering how that even got in my pocket. Maybe he slipped it in there when I was hugging him?

-Calum’s POV-

What is wrong with me?! I can’t stop thinking about her. Mickaela.

I feel really bad about this because Ash is my bestfriend and although we had a fight, we’re still band members anyway. It’s not like a girl can get in the way of our band.

I guess.

I feel my heart beating fast as I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I sigh, as I wished the text was from Mickaela. oh what am I kidding she wouldn’t want to talk to me. So it appears to just be a text from Luke. It was a reminder that we have band practice this afternoon at Luke’s house. Thank God it’s not at Ashton’s because I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t want anything to do with me  (only at this point of time I hope).

Besides, I’d rather Luke’s house because he has a really big spare room , and his mum Liz is a real good cook. Well according to Michael anyway.

-Mickaela’s POV-

As scared as I was to talk to Calum, I decided to be brave for once. I dial his number and wait patiently as he picks up after a few long seconds. “Hello!” Calum cheerfully answers. “Hey Calum uh it’s it’s Mickaela.” I hesitate feeling really nervous. But my fears need to be faced right?

-Calum’s POV –

“Hey Cal uh it’s it’s Mickaela.” As I hear her voice once again I smile and look down at the ground as I feel my cheeks burning.