Part 3

No matter how many times you told yourself that everything was going to be okay, you were still so freakin' nervous.

Speed-dating was one thing...you didn't have to put up with anyone for very long and you definitely had the chance to bail.

Your date with Wade was a real date, one that required extended alone time with one human, awkward or not. Not only that, but he wanted to go out on a Sunday...

Why a Sunday? He hadn't bothered to tell you that.

In fact, Wade hadn't even told you where you were going yet. His last text had said, 'Dress casually. Can't wait.' followed by thirteen winky faces.

THIRTEEN!

What the hell could a grown-ass man accomplish by sending thirteen winky faces?

Anyway, you spent your morning with the nervous sweats while changing into five different 'casual' outfits, trying to decide which would be practical and comfortable but also make you feel less like a potato.

It didn't help to have Natasha watching your every move, commenting on everything from your hair to your demeanor (you were not being negative, you were just feeling a little anxious!)

"Promise me that when he finally gets here you're going to act a little more enthusiastic," Natasha commented dryly from her seat on your bed. "If it's already a bad date in your head, then it's definitely not going to go well."

"Can't someone have more than one emotion, Nat? I am enthusiastically getting ready, after all." You leaned closer to the mirror, inspecting the way the fabric of your shirt fell. "Do you think this –"

"It's fine!" She stood up and pulled you away from the mirror, turning you around to face her before cupping your cheeks. "Y/N. You have to stay calm. You have to stay open-minded, okay? Wade has a lot of energy, he's very excitable...just go with it for one night, okay?"

She was right, of course.

"I get it, Nat."

"You can do this." Her hands dropped from your face. "I believe in you."

You gave a sharp nod, more for yourself than for her. "I can do this."

Before Natasha could utter another word, the buzzer sounded.

It was five o'clock, and Wade had arrived.

To say that Wade Wilson was handsome would be insulting. He was gorgeous, with bright eyes and a great smile. He was also funny, sweet, charming as hell, and as Natasha had said, really energetic.

So energetic, in fact, that you were tired before you even got to the cab out front. As a self-made introvert, you just weren't on his level anymore.

He opened the door for you, sweeping his arm in a grand gesture towards the back seat. "Ladies first."

"Thanks," you said, getting into the cab and scooting over to make room for Wade.

"Hello!"

You looked up at the rearview mirror, meeting the eyes of the driver. "Hello."

"Dopinder, what did I say?" Wade chided, shaking his head. He looked over to you apologetically. "Don't mind him, he's just my regular driver so I asked for a favor tonight."

"Mr. Wade, where are we going?" Dopinder asked, glancing at you again in his mirror. "Where does the young lady want to go?"

"I have plans to really wow this one." Wade gave you a nod and a wink. "It's 2865 West 3rd Street, here in Brooklyn."