Lillie's Little Lies

You lay on your bed and sigh. Your thoughts are filled with one name. Gladion. You couldn't help but admire his lively, pear green eyes. Not to mention his taut and smoky voice that could lull you into a pleasant daydream of sugar plums and lollipops. You can't forget about his hair, it's the shape and color of an order of medium French fries from McDonald's. Then again, maybe you're just hungry.
     A faint knocking pops your thought bubble. Lillie thwacks the window open and slides into your room. She adjusts her bag a bit before grabbing a throw pillow and hurling it at you.
     "(Y/N), wake up!" Lillie screams.
     "What is so important that you have to break into my house at three in the morning?" you grab the pillow that just hit you and toss it back at Lillie.
     "Well, my favorite bakery is giving away free malasadas," Lillie replies giddily.
     "FREE FOOD!?" you sprint to your desk to put your hat on.
     "All you can eat too!"
     "Then what are we waiting for?" you pull your bag over your head.
———
     You skip along the road on your way to the bakery, imagining the endless buffet of malasadas. Sweet, buttery, cream-filled goodness, your lips twitch slightly. You can already smell the ambrosial aroma of the cinnamon-sugar dusted bread. Lillie pokes your arm. You look up, anticipating a cozy bakery, but a dress shop comes into view.
     "What are we doing here, why's a dress shop open now anyways?"
     "We'll get to that later, you need something less... casual."
     "I think I look fine," you say, examining your attire.
     "It's not that, the thing is, this bakery has a dress code..."
     "What kind of bakery has a dress code?"
     "Anyways, let's go inside. Trust me, you'll thank me when we get there."
     "If you say so..."
     Lillie takes you by the arm and leads you into the shop. Aisles of dresses cluster themselves around you, blurring into a line of rainbow while Lillie drags you further into the shop. You sigh and go along with her, picking out random dresses as you make your way to the fitting room.
     After about twenty minutes of trying on dresses, Lillie hands you a maroon dress, you take it, walk into the dressing room, and put it on.
———
     You stare at yourself in the mirror. The straps rest slightly under the top of your shoulders and line the top of your dress in a wide V. The dress is about as long as the top half of your thigh and hugs your body comfortably. Your hand glides across your collar bone.
     "It's not that bad, is it?" Lillie draws the curtains.
     "Lillie!" the wall lightly smacks your back and Lillie puts her hands on your shoulders.
     "You look super cute!"
     "You're only saying that because you're my friend," you roll your eyes and push her away by the waist.
     "Besides, if you wear that dress tonight, then I'll..."
     "You'll?"
     "..."
     "Guess I'll have to choose your punishment then!"
     "Hold on! Punishment?"
     "Hmm... Let's see."
     "I-I, but!"
     "You have to... Help me organize the house for my mom's birthday!"
     "Okay, I thought you were gonna ask me to do something crazy," Lillie says with a smile.
     "Well if you're fine with it, it's not an actual punishment. I'll think of something else and tell you tomorrow."
     "What, c'mon (Y/N), you can't be serious..." Lillie whines, you shrug and walk to the counter to pay for your dress.
     "Please have some mercy," Lillie wraps her arms around your waist.
     "No mercy from me Lillie. What kinda Cobra Kai stan would I be?"
     "You're such a jerk."
     "I try," the lady at the counter hands you change, "be a dear and take the tag off this dress."
     "I think I'll let people think you stole it," she pulls the tag off.
     "Thank you, darling," you pat Lillie on the head and walk out of the dress shop.
———
     An Alolan malasada shop comes into view. Instead of the classic orange roof, it has a dark teal one and the building is black with fancy, white detailing. The only thing that's the same is the iconic Slurpuff at the top. It peers down at you, ensuring you go into the building. You jump and sprint over to the door. Lillie chases after you, wobbling when she meets you at the entrance.
     "How do you run so fast?" Lillie asks, her legs slightly trembling.
     "How do you run so slow?"
     "How are you not out of breath?"
     "I have to walk almost everywhere, and I take longer routes to avoid trainer battles," you say with a small chuckle.
     "Really? That makes sense... Wait! I left something at the boutique, so, can I go and get it?"
     "You could've said something earlier, but sure," you hand her a jacket from your bag.
     "Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone!" Lillie guffawed before leaving your line of view.
     You sigh and walk into the shop, you see a table in the middle with a candle and two plates. You sniff the air, trying to get a whiff of the fried delicacies, you can only smell peaches. You listen for the sizzling of the fryers but are met with silence.
     "Lillie, what the heck are you trying to accomplish? Don't tell me you're setting me up with-"
     "What are you doing here (Y/N)? My sister said there was an... Emergency," the voice that's been occupying your thoughts asks behind you.