Summer Lovin'

Today's scene is a bit more obscure than the rest, but I was watching the flash and couldn't help but think that this would make a great little one-shot. This scene comes from CW's The Flash Season 1, Episode 12: Crazy for You.

All rights belong to their respective owners

Izuku sighed as he sat down in his office at his hero agency. The Dekimasu Hero Agency. He had just finished working on a case with the police and another hero agency. Creati and Earphone Jack's. Well, he had only worked with Kyóka as Momo had other business. The case was, of course, a success, but it wasn't without its faults. The villains had somehow found out about the oncoming raid and had set traps. Injuring a hero and two interns from Yúei. Luckily the hero had prevented the interns from suffering anything more than some 1st-degree burns. The hero, on the other hand, had taken most of the damage from the explosion and suffered from 3rd-degree burns. Fortunately for the hero, they had a medevac team on standby and will only be out of commission for 1-2 months.

Izuku pulls out his phone and opens the contacts app. Scrolling down to Kyóka's name. he contemplates on whether or not to call the fellow hero and Yúei alumni, but almost drops his phone. In the fumble to catch it, he accidentally pressed the call button.

It rang once.

Twice.

Thrice.

It started to ring a fourth time, but Kyóka picked up.

"Yo, Izuku! What's up?"

It was a pretty normal mannerism for Kyóka, but after knowing the girl for years and being good friends with her, Izuku could notice the edge in her voice.

"Hey, Kyóka. I know today must have been rough. So, I was wondering if you wanted to go get a drink?"

"Sure! As long as the first round is on you!" she joked, but her tone was flat, causing Izuku to cringe.

"Kyóka..." Izuku knew that they needed to talk about today's mission. But alcohol would either help with the situation or make it worse. He also knew this would have to be something they talked about face to face. "Yeah alright. I'll text you the address. See you there."

"Okay. See ya soon Izuku."

15 minutes later at the bar.

Izuku is sitting at an at table by himself, trying not to attract any attention. Being one of the top ten Pro-heroes, Izuku has had his fair share of interesting encounters with his fans. Luckily for Izuku, the bar they had planned to meet at had a karaoke night tonight. So most of the attention was on the middle-aged man singing Loverboy's Working for the Weekend.

Kyóka enters the bar just as the man starts the first chorus. She saw Izuku and head over to him.

Izuku turns and noticed Kyóka. "Hey...whoa..." Kyóka is wearing a black sequin dress that went down to her mid thighs, and sleeves that went just past her elbows. Her earphone jacks were hidden by her hair that she had grown out after graduating from Yúei.

"What?" Kyóka askes slightly worried.

"N-nothing. Uh, you just look really good" Izuku says, taking in her appearance.

She shrugs her shoulders in her usual fashion and takes a seat beside Izuku. "I don't always dress like a punk rocker."

Izuku chuckled.

"So, how are your interns doing?" Izuku asked calmly. Taking a sip of his drink.

Kyóka stiffened for a moment at Izuku's sudden at the abrupt question but regains her composure. "There... doing good. Recovery Girl was waiting at Yúei when I dropped them off. She said to watch out the next time you see her. Something about not keeping in touch once you hit the top ten. And for getting some of her students hurt."