• Chapter 17. Stalker

The night settled in as I strode through the rather dark corridors back to the main hangar and found my way towards the west wing of the base to start my night shift. I hadn't seen or spoken to Sunstreaker after he killed Edward three days ago. I knew he was around, I could feel his presence, but he was nowhere to be seen and that frightened me. He left a trail of blood and dead behind everywhere like he's on a rampage and several people have reported seeing him walk down the dark corridors, stalking them. I was scared he would turn his back on me and try to kill me as well. One of the many reasons why I wasn't comfortable walking alone through the dark corridors.

I pushed open a door and walked into the quiet corridor. Some soldiers were working here and most of them were asleep. I greeted a few as I crossed the hanger. Walking up the stairs, I saw from the corner of my eyes a dark figure standing in the corner. A hooded person but from underneath the hood, I saw two bright red eyes staring directly at me. It gave me the chills and wanted me to run and hide somewhere. I looked away and just moved on, starting my shift in the west wing of base. As I was walking down the hallway, I heard footsteps behind me. I didn't have to look over my shoulder to know it was him.

I wasn't sure what his intentions were. Is Sunstreaker here to kill me or to just stalk me and scare the living hell out of me. I was so frightened at this point that I reconsidered taking another way and skip this shift. I halted and turned around, but Sunstreaker was gone. Like three days ago, he had vanished in thin air. My eyes scanned every corner and every dark inlet, but I didn't see him anywhere. I sucked in a breath and turned around, bumping straight into him. I let out a scream and backed up. I couldn't see his face, just the red eyes from underneath his hood.

"Sunstreaker..." I took another step back. "I can smell your fear, Sky." I laughed sheepishly and looked away. "Since when are you afraid of me?" he asked, tilling my head with his knife. The sharp point was pressed at the underside of my head and made a small wound as he gave more pressure. "Well?" he asked. "I am not afraid..." I whispered. He laughed coldly and looked down at me, narrowing his eyes. "You are!" he sneered and hit me. I collapsed onto the ground and looked up to him, backing off. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't just kill you right here and now!" he sneered. I hit the wall. "I... I..." Nothing else came out of my mouth.

He crouched down in front of me and pointed his knife at me. "What changed you? I thought we were friends," I whispered. Sunstreaker grabbed my throat and started to squeeze tightly while coldly laughing. "I am not a friend, Sky. We have never been friends either. All you are for me a prey I can hunt down whenever I feel like it! Even if you decide to leave, I will hunt you down even if it is the last thing I will ever do. I will make sure you suffer and I will make sure that you will be aware of all the things I have in mind for you! I'm warning you, Sky. Leave this base, quit working here and I will hunt you down! You will never be safe anywhere," he sneered.

I flinched and looked up to him as he stood in his full height. "When the time is there, you will be dead too," he growled darkly before walking off and leaving me alone in the dark corridor. I jumped back on my feet, wiped some blood off and rubbed my sore throat before I went back to work and started my shift. Sunstreaker never actually left, he kept stalking me throughout the night and scaring the living hell out of me. He's playing a game with me. The next morning, I was glad to be still alive and jumped back on my feet. I started my daily routine and left my room for breakfast. Along the way, I decided to have breakfast elsewhere in a lunchroom to avoid bumping into Sunstreaker or witness anything brutal.

I turned on my heels and walked over to the gate. Before I was able to reach the gate, a yellow car pulled up in front of me and nearly hit me. I jumped out of the way while Sunstreaker transformed. Steam emerged from his nose as he crouched down. "Where do you think you are going!" he hissed, glaring daggers at me. "I-- I am going out for breakfast," I replied. "Really? Why? Can't you have breakfast at the base?" he snapped. "Yeah... but... I... I just wanted to eat elsewhere," I replied. A low rumble escaped from Sunstreaker's engine. "Really, I just wanted to have breakfast, nothing else."