Prologue

A/N As promised, the first chapter, well, prologue, is up before July! This book is intersecting with the movie, Train to Busan. Some of the events will cross over, you'll realize that if you've seen the movie, but it is NOT a duplicate of the movie with different characters. Now, enjoy!

"Dr. Chen, the testing chemical is ready to be delivered to the test subject", an assistant in the lab informed Dr. Chen, the head scientist in the Biotech research lab," Shall we move to the observation room and request delivery?"

"Yes, please make sure everyone is ready in five minutes or less. I don't want to wait", Dr. Chen said as he stood up from his office chair, grabbing several files from a cabinet nearby. The assistant nodded in agreement and left.

Today was the day testing chemical #104687 was set for testing in the Biotech Busan lab and Seoul lab. The chemical had been evenly split between the two labs, each the correct amount for a trail test. The chemical had been split so that two trial tests could go at once. If there was one thing Biotech was about, it was efficiency, so why wait to run a second trail when you could run two at once. This specific chemical contained an agent that would kill a full-grown adult and bring them back to life minutes later. It was set to be used in war; in case a military member was to be taken hostage. No one ever saves dead bodies, therefore, when the part of the chemical agent that brought them back to life kicked in, they would be free.

It was an amazing idea...

In theory.

Dr. Chen grabbed his lab coat, slipping it on, and a pen. He walked with the files down the hall to the elevator, before getting in and hitting the second-floor button. Once arrived, he walked down another hall and into a room with a large glass window taking up one of the sides. About ten other men and women in lab coats sat at desks with not pads, each having their own job to do during observation.

The glass window was connected to a white room. Inside, there were five people: four lab assistants and one test subject. The test subject sat in a chair beside a small table, which had a syringe with a needle, and a container of the chemical agent in it.

Dr. Chen observed the set up and was quite pleased with how orderly everything was. He leaned down some to speak into the microphone that connected to the white room.

"Is everything in order?", he asked.

"Yes, Dr. Chen. We are ready on your count, sir", the lab assistant, that had been in his office minutes earlier, said.

"Proceed", he said before sitting in his chair that was in front of the microphone.

"Yes sir", the assistant said, before turning to the other assistants and the test subject," We are ready to begin. Please prep the subject and start monitoring body levels. I will prepare the dosage"

All assistants nodded and two began hooking the test subject to monitoring equipment, the other sterilizing the injection area. The main lab assistant used the syringe to extract the correct dosage. When everyone was ready, they injected the test subject.

Everyone was still and tense with wait.

Nothing happened for a few seconds, before blueish, purple veins began to show, extending from the injection sight. The test subject began having seizures, the lab assistants just watching. It wasn't long before the beeping of the heart monitor went flat, and the subject was dead. Everyone waited more.

Now, the chemical was supposed to keep them dead for around eight minutes, but the test subjects body began moving again within seconds. Dr. Chen furrowed his brows, frustrated yet another chemical didn't work how he wanted, but they were getting closer. He was about to call for cleanup, when something unexpected happened.

Something that would cause a crisis across South Korea.

The test subject sat straight up in the chair, its eyes clouded over, and let out a hiss like growl. They got up and sprinted towards one of the assistants, biting them in their neck. It looked as if the subject was starting to eat the assistant. The assistant cried out in pain before falling to the floor.

"Get them out of there! Now!", Dr. Chen yelled. An observer nodded and grabbed the key, rushing out of the room to the other room, beginning to unlock the door as the test subject moved from assistant to assistant.

It was bad enough having to watch the subject kill them all, but it was downright terrifying as Dr. Chen and the observers watched each assistant come back to life, behaviors just like the test subject. Another wave of pure panic washed over them all as the door to the test room opened and the five creatures sprinted out.

It didn't take long before pure chaos began.

The observers rushed out of the room, into the hall, in hopes of running away, only to get caught by the creatures and turned. Dr. Chen ran to the elevator and was able to get to the ground floor as everyone on the second became one of those creatures. Those horrible, flesh eating creatures. He ran outside, just in time to see the windows on the second-floor shatter, letting out all those creatures. It didn't take long before they were running wild around the surrounding area.

Dr. Chen managed to get in his car and call the highest government person he had in his phone.

"Dr. Chen, how is the chemical coming along?", the person answered.

"We need military, the subject infected more! There's only one word I can use to describe them, and that is zombies", Dr. Chen said urgently," They're starting to infect all of Busan! I can only imagine what's happening at the lab in Seoul!"

"I'll send out teams in heavy gear immediately. We will secure perimeters around Busan. We will make it safe", the person said quickly.

"Thank you s-", Dr. Chen was cut off by a scream as his windshield was shattered and he was soon turned into a creature as well, his phone laying on the floor of the car, completely forgotten.

"Dr. Chen? Dr. Chen! Dr. Chen?!"

The creatures moved fast, infecting many in their paths. They headed towards the most populated area of their surroundings: the train station...

Where a train to Seoul was preparing to leave.  

A/N What did you think? Please leave a vote and review! 

Words: 1103