Where The Heart Is

"So Sugar Cube, what's been bothering you?" Gabriel asked Sam ashe stroked through the long brown hair. Three of his six wings werecradling Sam but it was way too hot right now for extreme cuddlinglike Gabriel wanted to do. But instead his grace was stroking alongSam's body and it was like a phantom limb was petting his mate.

Sam was only in a pair of boxer shorts that reached his knees andGabriel was enjoying the view of his mate unblemished and tonedexcept for the tattoo on the left side of his chest of ananti-possession symbol. Gabriel was dressed similarly to his hunterand his other three wings were gently beating to give Sam a lightbreeze who gave a gentle humming at the nice breeze.

"Why do you think something is wrong?" He asked and whimperedwhen Gabriel's wings stopped beating and his grace stopped strokingalong his chest, arms, shoulders, neck, face and hair in a languidpace. He hadn't realized how enjoyable it was, and how strongGabriel's wings really were. He was supporting him, a full grown man,on his wings as if he weighed nothing so despite how soft and silkythe golden feathers looked. They were far more substantial then theylooked.

"You and I both know I know you better then that Sammy." Samsighed looking away but Gabriel waited for him to speak and after afew moments he did.

"It's just...as different as Dean and I are we always wanted thesame thing. It took me a long time to realize that we did and what itwas. A home." Sam shook his head, "I thought at Stanford I couldget it; become a lawyer and become a prosecutor, get a house, marrysomeone, and maybe even have some kids. Have uncle Dean come around."He chuckled and looked over at Gabriel and smirked, "Dean wantedthe same thing, since we were kids. Just that all he wanted wassomeone who would accept him for who he is. The good the bad and theugly."

"You know you can trust Cassie."

"Yeah I know, Cas was for Dean even...even when I wasn't." Samsighed remembering how easily he had been manipulated by Ruby asGabriel moved his hand to stroke across Sam's forehead. "It is nowthat we both have this it's strange. We have what we need." Samsmiled and Gabriel raised a single eyebrow.

"Is a 'and' or a 'but' coming?"

"A but...no an and. A little bit of both." Sam shook his head butthere was no judgment coming from Gabriel. "It's just now...I don'tknow where to go from here."

"Who says you have to go anywhere?" Gabriel asked and nuzzled hisface against Sam's neck. "Just continue to be you and I'll continueto be me. Sound good honey?"

"Sounds good." Sam easily agreed.

- - -

"Hey bro, ready?" Gabriel asked as Castiel nodded slipping awayfrom Dean's sleeping arms. He leaned down and ran his lips overDean's forehead. Then in a flash and some beating wings both angelswere gone, leaving Sam and Dean asleep in Gabriel's house inWashington right outside of Seattle. In the kitchen there was a noteassuring him that they were fine and that they'd be back in time fordinner. There was also a handful of papers for them from differentparts of the country. Of course they were reasonably sure that thebrothers would at least tell them before checking out a gig.