chapter 13 :: give him back (finale pt. II)

tw : there's a couple swears

also, it's 2:31am so this is unedited. i'll edit it soon just not rn lol

there will be an epilogue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two broke apart, and Jeongin clung to Hyunjin's soaked shirt as though it would provide some sort of stabilization for the younger boy. The movement of the waves resulting from the storm rocked the two of them side to side, as they held on to each other as if it would help anything.

Hyunjin rested his forehead against Jeongin's, closing his eyes as he breathed shakily.

"I don't want you to go." Hyunjin spoke softly, his voice akin to a child scared of being left behind. Jeongin felt partly torn. He didn't want Hyunjin to be left alone and not in his right state of mind, but he couldn't allow the other to join him in traveling back to Mizu; he would drown.

"I don't want you to leave." Hyunjin spoke almost through whimpers as Jeongin watched his empty, pleading eyes dart back and forth between Jeongin's.

"I don't want y—" Hyunjin was cut off as he was pulled away from Jeongin, bubbles scurrying to the surface as the mop of soaked jet black hair disappeared under the water. A hand reached out to Jeongin above the surface of the water, before Jeongin felt a sharp pain and stinging fingerprints of a hand that was now dragging him down as well, by one of the fins of his tail.

Jeongin looked down to see Kana's pale fingers gripping the two boys with great strength, holding on tight despite Hyunjin kicking the hand grasping his ankle. The sea was oddly calm in comparison to the rain and storm above the water, other than the bubbles swarming nearby. Hyunjin was thrashing about in the water, his head whipping around in multiple directions as he searched for a way to get to the surface.

When his panicked eyes looked at Jeongin in fear, the red haired boy's heart sunk.

Jeongin looked down at Kana, who was grinning with a sickly smile as she looked into Hyunjin's fear stricken face. He watched, helplessly as Hyunjin attempted to reach the surface. Kana slowly pulled the two lower, almost in a mocking speed.

"Let go, you wench!" Jeongin spoke with resentment in his voice, as he tried to squirm out of Kana's hold. Kana faked a gasp of hurt, before digging her nails into Jeongin's flesh.

"I suggest you watch your mouth, boy."

"Son of a bitch." Jeongin cursed under his breath in pain.

"What did you say?" Kana asked, her nails burning into Jeongin.

"I said you're a bitch!" Jeongin yelled, not wanting Kana to know she was hurting him as he too began to move more to get out of Kana's grip. As the red head thrashed in the water, he saw five shadows ascending form the bottom of the sea.

He couldn't make out who four fifths of the shadows were, but a flash of cherry red caught Jeongin's eyes. And this shadow had a bit more energy surging through its movements, as if it was struggling to keep up.

The shadows approached at a fairly rapid pace, and it had only taken a few more seconds for another tail to catch Jeongin's eye. This one, was teal.

Beomgyu? Jeongin wanted to ask, but was silent after he saw the owner of the teal tail bring a finger to his lips.

Within seconds, Jeongin's idea had been confirmed. Not only had he seen Beomgyu, but he'd also seen the faces of Yeonjun, Soobin, Taehyun, and Kai. Kai carried a large rock, his face uncharacteristically blank, as he swam beside Taehyun, who carried something in a closed fist.