1 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

✧       ✧        ✧

✧       ✧        ✧

THE NIGHT WAS QUIET. Barely a sound of a crickets call echoed throughout the large field of long grass; that could delicately graze ones fingertips as they walked through it. That peace, was destroyed one hot, May night. The stars swirled from the night, replaced by an intricate wormhole, shooting from across the universe for the soft patching of grass. First came a thump as a long delicate sword slammed out and landed feet away from the wormhole descent. The wormhole in reference, hit the ground, it's light burning an all too known pattern into the ground and taking away the surrounding grass. As soon as it came, it left. The light vanished, as did the portal. Leaving only an Asgardian sword and the daughter of a king, stranded.

❉ ❉ ❉

Sundays were usually quiet. Not much would happen, occasionally someone would leave for a mission, or something more mundane as visiting their grandmother. Today, however, was something else entirely for the small group assembled in the tower that stood high and mighty within the infamous city of New York. A shrill ringtone blasted from beside the already exhausted Tony Stark, or better known as the infamous hero, Iron Man. He let out a breathy sigh, setting down the half full mug of coffee and seemingly snatching the advanced phone from beside him and answering it without hesitation. "Hello?" His voice came off snarky, with his tired state and annoyance at the ringtone he kept forgetting to change.

     "Well, hello to you too, Stark." Fury spoke through the phone, his lips quirking up in the slightest at the attitude the billionaire held.

  Tony cupped his head in his hand, trying to change his tone before he never heard the end of it from the director. "What can I do for you?"

    "Actually, it's more like what can the team do for me." The conversation dropped the small dose of lightness it'd had and gone into a more serious demeanour. Usually, Fury wouldn't call on days like this, or really he hadn't called all too recently for the avengers at all. The world had been quiet, where as there wasn't a need for the large team to form up and beat some bad guys to a pulp. "Recently, we had a reading of something crashing into a field just off the coast of Norway. I'd like you and the team to check it out. Whoever's available at least. But, you should know, this isn't human."

     The words startled Tony, making his mind wander back to the time of four years ago when the team had first formed and Loki's chitari alien race entered New York through the wormhole that still haunted his dreams. His breath caught for a second, but he shut his eyes tightly before inhaling deeply. It couldn't be the same thing. It surely wasn't. Or else, they would've been called in way earlier. "Are you sending the information to FRIDAY?"

  "Already done as we speak," Fury stated, getting ready to hang up before speaking up once more. "Are you alright, Stark?"