+18

"I hope you have a great first day back!" The familiar voice yelled down the spiral stairs.

"Thanks mom, I love you!" Hayden yelled back, a smile plastered so securely on his face he was sure it wasn't going anywhere.

Hayden had decided to finally make his way back to school, back to his friends, back to what he used to call his normal.

He had never made it clear to anyone why he would be taking a break from the hallow halls, and in this moment he couldn't be more thankful.

Nadia had found out on her own through the curse of social media. Luckily, no one else around them had cared enough to do the research or take the time of day to even look up 'Johnny Orlando'.

Most of them thought he was an old friend. Now, holding true to the statement.

His mind had been Johnny free for weeks and he intended to keep it that way.

Forever.

"Summerall! Nice to see you're still.. I don't know.. alive?" Darius laughed, pulling Hayden's smaller figure into his bigger one for a hug. A bro hug at that.

"Hayden!"

Nadia ran up behind the two already hug-engulfed boys, wrapping her arms around Hayden's torso; making sure to squeeze as tight as her petite build could handle.

"I missed you so much!" She squeaked, laying her head against his back as she spoke.

Hayden didn't have many friends, but was nonetheless thankful for what he did have.

What he had was stable. Hayden liked stable. This was another reason why him and Johnny would have never worked, not that he was thinking about that anymore.

"I missed you way more. You too, Darius." He joked, pulling away from the other boy with a playful nudge.

"Things haven't been the same around here since you up and mysteriously left us, Summerall."

"We couldn't be happier to see your face."

Hayden smiled at their praises, pulling them into yet another group hug.

The three of them departed as the bell rung above them abruptly. Nadia pouted once the sound echoed in their ears, reassuring them that she would be at lunch despite how busy her extra-circulars had become.

Hayden walked to his first period with nothing but happiness flowing through him.

This.

This was how it was supposed to be all along.

He slid into his seat, reaching down to his backpack for some materials, completely immersed in thought.

In this moment he knew for sure.

He knew he didn't need Johnny.

He never needed Johnny.

He was glad this was all over.

Shaking his thoughts, he opened his notebook; finally finding a way to focus after such a long time of not being able to do so.

He followed along with the lecture, breaking his pencil lead on and off between notes.

Hayden sighed, reaching into his pocket for a replacement. His hand searched until bumping into his phone instead, the back vibrating against his wandering fingers.

His eyebrows furrowed, pulling his phone out to scan the lit screen.

1 new dm from wasteyutes!

wasteyutes
let's start over, yeah?

wasteyutes let's start over, yeah?

;)

-

WE FINALLY FINISHED THE BOOK YO... never thought i would cap this mess but here we are. thank you so much for the endless support and comments on this book, especially it being my first one. i love you NO LIE.. we ain't on no wasteyutes shit!