Chapter 01 - The Meeting

"Class B, Rank 7 Hero Saitama! We know you live here! Show yourself!" Eyelashes announces. He is a lean man who likes to wear black suits and ties. He has long black hair tied on his back. And as his name suggests, he has long eyelashes. He's currently ranked 2 in B class.

"Class B, Rank 1 Hero Hellish Blizzard wants to talk!" Eyelashes continues.

I, Fubuki, stand in front of the door. Our shadows are on the apartment unit. I cross my arms on my chest. Waiting for it to open.

A bald man appears. "Huh?" He looks bored. "Sorry, I don't need a newspaper," he says.

"We're not salesmen! We're higher ranking heroes!" Wild Monkey answers. He is a burly man, huge and with thick eyebrows. And well, he looks like a wild monkey that's somehow tamed by me. He's currently ranked 3 in B-class.

"Hello, new hero," I start. "I'm Hellish Blizzard, understand?"

"Huh? Nope! Who?"

My eyebrows raise. He doesn't know me?! Me?! the–

"She's the top-ranking class B hero!" Eyelashes introduces. Thankfully, I almost lost my grace there.

I wait. He might not know what I look like. But now that my name is mentioned, I'm sure that–

"Oh, good for her!" he says, with a smile. "So?"

A copping attitude. This man.

"Let me make this clear," Eyelashes says. He's irritated. "You are a cocky noob who hasn't come to see Miss Blizzard." He leans closer to the bald man and says, "It's customary to offer a greeting when joining Class B."

The bald man gets out of his unit. And for the first time, I realize that he is wearing his hero uniform. He closes the door behind him and stands in front of us.

"Hi. I'm Saitama. Whassup?"

I raise my brow again. But maybe he really doesn't know things about the hero hierarchy.

"Fine," I say. "Did you know that there are hero factions?"

"Factions?" he asks.

Just as I thought, he doesn't know a thing. "You are new so you don't belong to one, but you won't last long that way," I warn, thinking of all the possibilities that might get wrong for him.

He makes a little frown. "I don't get it."

"You can't move up the rankings on your own," I explain.

"Why not?" he asks.

"They will stop you."

"Who's they?"

"Your rivals."

He takes a sigh and says, "Whatever, I'm busy, so..."

"I'm not done talking!" I complain. I clear my throat and continue, "Join me. I will let you occupy a high rank in class B."

He pauses, and then touches his chin, as if in deep thought. "Huh?" Suddenly, an idea appears in his head. "I get it! If I don't agree, you will try to hold me back!"

He leans closer to me and conspiratorially, he asks, "Do you threaten all class B heroes this way? Like a gang leader?"

"No, just the one who impresses me," I admit.

"Are you afraid that I will take rank 1 from you?" he asks. "Don't worry. After that, I will move on to class A. But..." He looks at me, studying my face, but I keep a cold demeanor. "Why don't you do that? You've got flunkies, but isn't class B boring?"