Chapter 03 - I won't Admit

K-King??! My thoughts shout. I am once again surprised and shocked by the appearance of yet another monster.

"So sorry I took it," Saitama says, crawling back into the corner while I cower from King's presence.

"I knew it. Give it back," King growls once again.

"I'm really sorry," Saitama apologizes in a soft voice, looking guilty for something he'd done.

"It's cool. Just give it back."

"I wiped your data," he whispers.

"Huh? What did you say?"

Why are S-classes blending in so well with a B-class? I watch the events unfold in front of me. Saitama rummages something from the drawer in his cabinet and says, "Erm. My bad."

"Nah. It's fine. Ah! The buttons are broken," King notices. He is getting paler by the second.

Maybe I can join in? Maybe I can be part of them too? Saitama is strong, maybe I can be closer to him too? That strength... I want to... I hit myself. Am I a teenager having my first love!? Why am I coming up with these silly thoughts?!

Argh! My brain shouts, and I smack my head a little too hard. I grimace and crouch in pain.

"Isn't she a little weird?" Saitama asks while I clutch my head.

"I heard about this before. Masochist, they call it," Genos answers confidently.

I glare at both Genos and Saitama, who are both studying my reactions. And I hope that Saitama did not notice the reddening of my cheeks, wishing that he really is the same as he looks, that is, insensitive and a goofball.

******************

It had been days since I last saw Saitama. Try as I may, I could not deny that I want to see him for the second time, or more. I try to focus on the documents that I am browsing. It's hard, as my mind keeps on returning to Saitama's strength.

"Miss Blizzard, Golden Ball is here to see you," Eyelashes announces.

I take a deep breath and say, "Let him in." I prepare myself for another round of persistent courting, but maybe this can be a good distraction?

I hear the door close, but I did not make any move to glance at it. I hand the paper I am looking at to Mountain Ape who is standing beside the couch I am sitting on. Minutes pass until finally, I look at my guest, Golden Ball, whose name suggests testicles. It annoys me.

"These are for a beautiful woman like you," Golden Ball says, offering a bouquet of flowers to me.

I raise my brows at him. "What is this?" I ask, without even taking the flowers.

"Flowers befitting your beauty."

"I am aware of my beauty." I flip my hair. I even cross my arms on my chest for added drama. "But why?" I ask.

"This is only a selfish request of mine. It's also my excuse to see you," he answers. He extends his arms toward me and I almost flinch.

Without a choice, I take the flowers but hand them immediately to Mountain Ape, as if I am disgusted by them. Mountain Ape will know what to do with these flowers, that is, label them as Garbage.

"What do you want now?" I ask again.

Thinking of Golden Ball as a nice diversion is a stupid mistake. Now, I am becoming annoyed that my precious time is being squandered in another wasteful conversation with him. And besides, there are still a couple of missions I need to assign to the Blizzard group members.

"I just wanted to see you and you know..." he says, his cheeks reddening like a little boy, a very unfitting image for a big man like him, "I would like to marry you."

I hear a commotion behind me. Apparently, up till now, my subordinates could not stand the sight of Golden Ball, much less me, becoming the man's mistress. It's been more than a year since he started this kind of courting but it was the first time he mentioned marriage. Something might have happened to give him this kind of courage, or arrogance, to voice out this kind of audacious offer.

I look at Golden Ball from head to toe. My eyebrows raise in prejudice. He's wearing baggy pants, a hoodie underneath a Letterman jacket, and a hat.

The arrogant A-class prick. His style will never be my type. I would rather marry a man wearing a yellow one-piece jumpsuit and a white cape, than him, who always had a lollipop stuck on his mouth. If I kiss him, I'm certain I will not like it. I'm sure he tastes rancid. Does he not know that sweets are not good for his oral health? At least, Saitama does not have that kind of vice.

I instantly feel my cheeks redden at the thought of Saitama. I imagine his back on me, his white cape being blown by the wind. His baldness illuminated by the sun and when my thoughts go to his lips, I automatically hit the table hard.

Damn it! I curse myself. Get a hold of yourself, Fubuki!

"Are you okay?" Golden Ball is immediately beside me on the couch.

I calm myself down and frown at him. The couch is solely for me. No one is allowed to sit on it except me!

"You don't have to force yourself," he continues. "I can see you have the hots for me, too. I won't force you to do it instantly. I can give you time. That's how much I like you."

I am awestruck. He had mistaken that the reddening of my cheeks was because of him asking me to marry him!

"You might have missed me? It's been a week since I last visited you and since there are these hero-hunting activities, I won't be able to visit you for another week."

"What the hell are you talking about?" I ask, incredulous at what he is saying.

"Keeping and hiding your feelings is hard for your body, you know, especially with a gorgeous body like yours," Golden Ball's eyes travel along my curvaceous figure. From my large breasts down to my round buttocks. When his hands slip around my waist and pull me closer to him, I remember the old men leering at me when I was still in high school.

To say the least, I snap. I can no longer take the arrogance and the familiarity that he thought he shared with me. I release my psychic abilities. I let a wine glass float in mid-air and smash it on his head.

What a waste of a nice glass of wine, but the look on his face is all worth it. He is flabbergasted but when he still did not take his hands off my waist, a barrage of other hard objects around the room continues to hit him until finally, he realizes that he's not wanted. He attempts to get out of the room but his surprise makes him clumsy. He slips on the rug and falls unconscious when his face hit the floor hard.

Heaving and raging, I order in my most calm tone that I can muster, "Eyelashes, get me my coat."

Eyelashes give it to me and I add, "Prepare the car. I will go somewhere to take the steam off. And take care of that trash," I order, pertaining to Golden Ball sprawled on the ground.

"Also, buy a new couch, something untarnished by dirt," I command, remembering how Golden Ball invades my personal space.

To be continued.....