★ | 019. need me back, one tree hill

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Multifandom
Chapter 19: Need Me Back, One Tree Hill
Word Count: 545

Brooke stormed in the room after her boyfriend, tears streaming down her face as she tried to speak words that didn't come out a jumbled mess

Brooke stormed in the room after her boyfriend, tears streaming down her face as she tried to speak words that didn't come out a jumbled mess. They were in the middle of a massive fight, one of many they had been having. "Would you just listen to me?"

"What's the point anymore? You're always screaming at me over nothing!" [name] yelled back, feeling his frustrations rising. "There is nothing going on between me and Peyton! It's that simple. She's one of my best friends and I'm not going to stop hanging out with her because you're jealous!"

"I have reasons to be jealous! In case you forgot, my last boyfriend continuously cheated on me with her."

"And in case you haven't noticed, I'm not Lucas! You compare me to him every single fucking day and I'm over it. I have never done anything to make you doubt me but all I ever get it Lucas this, Lucas that. It seems like I'm the one that should be jealous."

"Oh please, me and Lucas are done. For good. I'd never get back with a guy who cheated on me." She cried as she crossed her arms. "It just seems like you always want to be with her and I need you and... I need you to need me back."

"Brooke, you are the only girl I have ever been in love with. I do need you but I also need you to trust me because... I can't keep doing this, I can't keep being afraid that if I talk to another girl, your going to explode on me. The last thing I want to do is lose you but maybe... we need a break."

That only fuelled Brooke's fire even more, "so you just want to give up and run away? Well, isn't that fantastic and here I thought I'd finally found a guy who would actually fight for me!"

"All I've ever done is fight for you! It took months of fighting because I could get you to go out with me." [name] snapped, having enough. "Nothing I do is enough for you. You want this perfect boyfriend and I'm not perfect. You make me wish I was. I wish I could be your perfect boyfriend but I'm human and I make mistakes. I just think a break would be what's best for us." He said gently, not wanting to push her over the edge.

She stayed silent as she stared at the ground, not daring to look up and meet his eyes. "If that's how you really feel... then just go."

I can't win, he thought as he took a step towards the door. "I really do love you Brooke and I will fight for us, you just have to see that."

She only looked up when she knew he was gone and when she did she thought only one thing, if letting him leave was mistake.

"I just think a break would be what's best for us." He said gently, not wanting to push her over the edge.

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio