1. Early Beginnings

The gods of old set forth the mighty Primordial Dragons and Giants upon this planet they called Drayce. From the very beginning, they battled over the planet for control of it all.

 From the gods' very own blood lesser races sprang taking sides or going into hiding to preserve their heritage. Both sides used these races as pawns to build their domains.

 From their primitive magic, they created other races or summoned other creatures to do their bidding here, trapping them upon Drayce.

 They built mighty portals to transport their armies all around the world of Drayce. Not all were happy with the affairs of the world. With some, they brought the worship of their own gods to this portion of the endless forever darkness beyond the skies.

 Some of these lesser beings stole the art of making portals and made their own smaller versions for quick transport among the larger cities. Others hid some portals in long-forgotten places.

 As the Giants and Dragons evolved the lesser races started to unite as they were not all happy being ruled by these titans. In the middle of one of these great battles, they had enough and turned upon their masters.

 It was a rare night that both moons were full and they struck out against their overlords, finding out they could slay them and use their body parts to enhance their greatest warriors into feared assassins of these mighty beasts.

 This set forth a new age of discovery among many. They hoped to limit the mobility of their great masters by destroying as many of the portal keys as they could along with the knowledge of how to create more of them. These portals are now guarded and governed where possible, as they found out off-worlders would at times, stumble upon ways to be transported to Drayce.

 Forget everything you know of your own worlds, as Drayce is nothing like you are familiar with. Parts of Drayce are as wild and uncontrolled as your imagination and other parts are civilized and more advanced than some would ever think for such an early age of awareness. 

 There are cities where Drow, Orcs, and Kobolds, walk freely in the streets. Other more sinister places where you never know what might happen if you enter them. Least not forget, the Giants and Dragons both dream of the day they are able to take back control of the world and rule it once more.

 With seven great land masses numerous islands and over 1969 million square miles of the plant Drayce to explore, you never know what you could run into. So prepare yourselves for the adventure of a lifetime if you step out from your humble environments to seek fame and fortune.