One ⋆ F(ate)

CHAPTER ONE

F(ate)
____________________

[Y/N]

I open my eyes slowly and see arms wrapped around my waist. Still, I feel kinda cold... I guess the weather isn't that good today.

As I turn to the side, I spot a sleeping Taehyung, and smile instantly. I almost forgot he slept over last night. So cute. I caress his cheek sweetly, trying not to wake him up, and cuddle myself on his naked chest to warm up. Surprisingly, he is so warm that I instanly feel sleep taking over me again.

How can he be that warm when it's freezing?

[Author]

Well, you must be confused. Let me explain everything to you:

Lim Y/N is a girl who lives with her single mother on Seoul, Korea. She's half british, and speaks both english and korean fluently. Her dad passed away too soon and the only male figure she completely leans on is Kim Taehyung, her best friend.

Yes, best friend.
They are very clingy towards each other and have such a special friendship.

Y/N constantly says fate brought them together, because he showed up just when she needed the most: Y/N missed her dad so much... but Tae stood by her in those difficult moments.

They feel comfortable around each other, sleep on the same bed, have endless sleepovers, go out together, eat together, study together. At first, their parents weren't too sure about liking the friendship, but got used to it as they saw how much they meant to each other.

Y/N's mother, Mrs. Lim, loves him. She truly does. Taehyung's parents love Y/N too, they even want her to be their daughter-in-law in the future... but that remains as a secret.

Y/N and Taehyung have been friends for 5 years and never had a serious fight, only some small or joking ones. They trust each other and they are always together, constantly being mistaken as couple.

Yes,
they love each other.
In what way? Well, you're about to discover next.

[Y/N]

My alarm rings, making me startle and sit immediately on the bed. Taehyung sighs and I reach the nightstand to stop the alarm, "Fuck, Y/N. I almost had a heart attack."

I giggle and bend down in order to press a quick peck on his cheek, "Good morning".

Taehyung smiles at me and mouths a "good morning", while trying to wake up properly. Laying down, he rubs his eyes. I laugh at his messed up hair, puffy eyes and sleepy face, but then I remember I'm probably looking worse than him. Shit.

"It's so damn cold!", I say, hugging myself. It was impossible not to be feeling freezing at this point... but Taehyung laughs at me, saying "Then you shouldn't sleep in tank top and shorts, stupid."

I pretend to be offended and touch my chest with both of my hands, "Ouch! Okay, call me stupid." I lay down again, but this time far away from Taehyung, turning my back to him. I hear him sigh, "I'm just kidding, Y/N. Don't be mad at me!"

He tries to hold my hand but I push his hand away. He giggles, coming closer to me and whispers "Baby~", while turning me to face him.

I stare at Taehyung with the most annoyed face I could ever try to make, but he only smiles and pokes my cheek, "I'm just kidding, darling.", he says, "You know that if you're cold I can warm you up."