ELEVEN

chapter eleven;
missed me?

"I'LL TAKE NATASHA, CLINT, AND LUCY" Steve said

"I'LL TAKE NATASHA, CLINT, AND LUCY" Steve said. He took his shield and put it over his back. Lucy walked down the stairs as she tied her hair into a ponytail. "Luce, you coming with me" Steve said. Lucy nodded.

"Gotcha" she replied as she walked her way towards the kitchen. She put on her leather jacket that she left on one of the dining chairs.

"Alright, strictly recon. I'll hit the Nexus and joined you as soon as I can" Tony said. Lucy walked over to Tony and Steve.

"If Ultron's really building a body, he'll be more powerful than any of us" Lucy said, earning both of their attention. Tony nodded.

"An android designed by a robot" Tony said.

"You know I really miss the days when the weirdest thing science ever created was me" Steve said. Lucy shrugged. I couldn't agree more, she thought.

Lucy opened her mouth to speak, but was cut off by Fury. "I'll drop Banner off at the tower" Fury said. "You mind if I borrow Ms. Hill?" he asked. Tony nodded.

"She's all yours. Apparently" he said. "What are you gonna do?" he asked. Fury shrugged.

"I don't know. Something dramatic, I hope" he said, before walking away. Lucy furrowed her eyebrows at the man before following both Tony outside.

"That man confuses me sometimes" she shook her head. Tony chuckled.

"You and me both, Luce" he said. Comfortable silence fell over the two of them. The only sound that was heard was the sound of the leaves brushing over each other. "Lucy, promise me something" he said, breaking the silence. Lucy turned to her dad, raising her eyebrows. "Promise me you be careful, promise me you won't get hurt" he said. Lucy nodded, turning to him.

"I promise dad" she said.

"No, I'm serious. I'm letting you go with Cap, but I want you to come back as a whole-"

"Dad-"

"No bruises, no scars, no overusing powers-"

"Dad-"

"No cuts, nothing, okay?" he scolded. Lucy raised her eyebrows.

"That's a little excessive" she said. Tony sighed before pulling her into a bone-crushing hug.

"I just don't want to lose you again" he said. Lucy sighed, before nodding.

"You promise me the same thing, too" she said. Tony nodded.

"I promise" he said. "I love you, kid"

"I love you, too, dad" she replied. The two pulled away. Tony placed his hands on her shoulders and nodded. Steve walked out with Natasha and Clint following. Steve nodded, and walked towards the Quinjet.

Lucy followed behind him, Clint and Natasha. Lucy took one last glance at Tony who gave her a small wave. She smiled, and returned the wave before entering the Quinjet. She took a seat next to Natasha gave her a small smile. "Ready, Luce?" Natasha asked. The girl nodded and smiled before putting on her seat belt.

"Let's do this"

--

Lucy sat next to Clint, looking down on the road, searching for any sign of a suspicious vehicle that might contain the cradle. "I got a private jet taking off across town" Natasha said. "No manifest. That could be him" she added. Though, a blue and white truck caught Lucy's eyes.

"That truck. Where did it come from?" she asked, pointing at it.

"From the lab" Clint said. Lucy turned to him and nodded. Natasha peered over to see the truck herself. "Right above you, cap. On the loop by the bridge, it's them" Clint added.

Lucy targeted the censor on the truck and waited for it to scan the inside of the truck. "Three with the cradle, one in the cab" she said.

"I could take out the driver" Clint said.

"Negative. That truck crashes, the gem could level the city" Steve said through the intercom. "We need to draw out Ultron" he added. Lucy could see Steve jumping onto the top of the truck. Lucy nodded.

"I'll help you out, Cap" she said. Both Clint and Natasha turned to her.

"You sure?" Clint asked. Lucy nodded and smiled, getting up from the seat. "You want me to drop you off?" he asked. Lucy shook her head.

"It's not to far, I can teleport without wasting my powers" she said. Clint nodded.

"Be careful" Natasha warned. Lucy grinned and nodded, before disappearing from both Clint and Natasha's view. Lucy teleported just as Steve was thrown off the top of the truck by Ultron. A smirked formed on the girl's lips.

"Missed me?" she asked, catching Ultron's attention. Ultron groaned.

"You again" he said. White orbs started to form on her palm.

"Well, you can't get rid of me that easily" she shrugged. Ultron fired at her, but she was quick enough to block it, as a white bubble of shield formed around her. Her blue eyes shined as she put up the energy and walked closer to Ultron slowly, resulting to the power backfiring at Ultron. Lucy breathed heavily, trying to gain her energy back as Steve lunged at the robot behind his back.

Lucy soon noticed Natasha in her motorcycle, carrying Steve's shield. As Ultron's head locking Steve, Natasha threw Steve's shield, in which Lucy caught. She stabbed the shield onto Ultron's back, which knocked Ultron down. She threw Steve his shield. "Thanks, kid" he said.

Ultron got back up and fired at both Lucy and Steve. Lucy's force field shield blocked the energy, but since she wasn't as strong as before, Ultron's energy overpowers her. Which resulted to her and Steve falling off from the truck. The ground around the car that Lucy and Steve landed on lifted. The car slowly flipped, but Lucy was fast to create an energy bubble around her and Steve, and fly them up back on the truck.

"How did you just do that?!" Steve exclaimed. Lucy smirked, as Ultron lunged himself at them. Lucy avoided the punch that Ultron sent before kicking him down. Clint came just in time before Ultron managed to get up with his Quinjet, firing at him. The guards that were guarding the cradle got out and started to fire at Clint.

Clint flew away as the two robots followed him behind. Lucy nodded, knowing the plan was successful. Ultron pushed Steve to the train beside him. Lucy flew into the train, following behind. She blocked Ultron who was about to fire at Steve. "I owe one to you, Luce" Steve said, taking Lucy's hand and get up.

Lucy glanced at the truck. The guards started to fly back towards it. Now, it's up to Natasha to get to the cradle. "I'm coming in. Lucy, Cap, can you keep him company?" Natasha asked as Lucy sent an energy towards Ultron, pushing him down. Lucy turned to Steve in heavy breathing.

"Is she being serious?" Lucy asked. Steve shook his head as he stood up, taking his shield.

"What do you think we've been doing?"

A/N
I'm literally so heartbroken over the whole spider man leaving the mcu I have no words bye