Part 7

RM
Garden

The Raizada ladies were spending time in the garden including Sheetal Kapoor who had taken a day off because of her migraine.

Nani "Hari Prakash, did you send all the invites to the neighbours for Monday?" Khushi frowned.

HP "Yes Naniji."

Nani "Payal bitiya, remind me tomorrow that I have to personally call Garimaji to invite her." Payal nodded smiling

Khushi whose head was on Anjali's shoulder spoke up "Nani, is there a pooja on Monday? Or some function?" Anjali shook her head chuckling.

Mami "What is wrong with you? How can you forget this day?" She spoke dramatically.

Payal "Khushi, it's our first Karwachauth on Monday. You forgot?" She sighed. Her Jeethani cum Baby sister was not herself lately. She would mostly be absent from their household discussions. Even if she was present she would either be on her phone, watching TV or glaring at a particular person for trying to over indulge in their family matters. We all know who that particular person was. She sighed. She wasn't that dumb. She very well knew who was the reason behind her sister's sour mood these days. Sheetal Kapoor. Even her husband and devar (NK) were annoyed at her being too inquisitive in their family conversations. However, her prolonged stay at RM had lead to a number of questions popping up in her mind as well.

Khushi sat up abruptly "Oh my God! I totally forgot Di!"

Anjali chuckled "Rekax Khushi, there's still a lot of time left. Moreover, you really don't have to strain yourself. You'll just fast that's it." She smiled.

Sheetal "I too completely forgot that it's Karwachauth next week." She pressed her nose bridge trying to sound tensed.

Khushi gritted her teeth seeing her ugly face. She was some what aware of the upcoming stunts the woman was going to pull. "Why are you so tensed Sheetal? I mean. You are not even married, you don't even have to fast." She spoke coolly.

Nani and Mami gasped "What? You are not married?"

Anjali "No Nani. Sheetalji never married anyone." She said taking a sip of her tea.

Nani "Then Arav?"

Payal "Naniji, Sheetalji doesn't believe in religion and traditions. She's an atheist."

Nani and Mami gave her disappointing looks.

Sheetal "I'm sorry Naniji, I know I've hurt you but please don't judge me. It wasn't my fault. I was in love with someone 7 years back. We were really close. I trusted him with my everything but he dumped me. The very next day after I submitted myself to him. I couldn't even stop him because he said he never loved me, nor will. He left. After a month I found out that I was pregnant with Arav. I decided to keep my child and live for him." She sobbed successfully gaining sympathy from the Raizada women except the ASR ladies.

Khushi "Such a bitch. She's such an actor." She gritted her teeth.

Anjali "I swear I'll cut her tongue. I can't bear the fabricated tragedy she's narrating to my family from her dirty mouth." She whispered.

Khushi "See Sheetal, look where your beliefs have lead you to. I mean you trusted a guy so easily and now he left you all alone in this world with a child. What's the fault of poor Arav now? He wants to meet his father and you cannot do anything about it."