Chpt:1 Handcuffs

Keith POV

I woke up to the castle alarms blaring through the place. Allura's voice came on the inter comes " Paladins to the battle room we are under attack I repeat we are under attack." I sigh knowing this is just another drill. I quickly put on my armor and make my way to the battle room. I, like always, was first then came Shiro, Pidge, then Hunk. We all sat there waiting for the one and only Lance McClain.

Finally, about 5 minutes later he walked in with his robe, lion slippers, and a face mask. "Lance you are always the last one to get here. What would we of done if this was a real drill. You are a paladin of voltron meaning you need to actually act like one for once."

Allura lectured to lance. " I know, I know I just um... Slept through the alarm." We all knew that was a lie, but we didn't press on further. "So today we will be doing a bonding exercise." Allura excitedly stated. We all groaned in frustration. " Today we will be handcuffed together for a day."

Lance POV

Really, we have to be handcuffed. This day just keep on getting worse and worse. At least I can be with Hunk, my best friend since 3rd grade. Just when I was about to call hunks name allura said " I have already chosen your partners. First is me and Shiro, lance and." Please be Hunk please be Hunk please be Hu- "Keith. And finally Hunk and Pidge."

No not mullet. I look over at keith who is currently being his emo self and sulking in the corner. Oh no we just locked eyes uh..." So mullet I see we are cuff buddies." "Don't call me mullet. Its not even a mullet its just long." Keith coldly remarks. " It is totally a mullet but OK." Keith just sighs in response. Allura comes over with the hand cuffs. "Your eyes look like an ocean and baby I am lost at sea." I flirtatiously say to Allura.

Keith POV

He did not just try to flirt his way out of this. Oh my gosh he did. This is who I have a crush on. I uh... Mean um. Crap. "Lance (Lonce)you know flirting with me is not going to get you out of this." Allura smile then bids a fair well.

I try to walk away but sadly the cuffs thought otherwise. "Hey mullet what's the hurry." I turn around to look at him and say something but Shiro came up to me. "Hey Keith how you doing with you know who." Shiro gently nudges his head towards lance. Shiro is the only one who know about my crush. How could he not he's practically my brother. He adopted me when my dad died in a car accident and my mom left when I was young.

"Keith. Hello. Earth to Keith." "Oh sorry Shiro what were you saying." "How are you with lance." " You know same old rivalry thing that I don't know how it started." I sigh knowing the rivalry between us will never change. When I look back up I see Shiro already walking away. I walk away this time dragging lance with me while he yells at what I'm doing.

Lance POV

Where are we going. One minute Keith is talking to Shiro the next I'm getting dragged down a hallway. After what felt like hours of silence. Keith finally stops making me run into him.

"Ouch what was that for." Of course he doesn't say anything. Now he is walking again. Finally we arrive to the training room. "Do you have your Bayard?" Keith finally says. "No why would I have my Bayard." " Oh I don't know maybe because we had a drill this morning and normally you bring your bayard not your robe and lion slippers." Keith snaps.

He then walks out of the training room dragging me along to who knows where. I didn't even mean to forget my Bayard. I was in the middle of talking to blue when the alarms went off. Sometime I talk to blue when I feel homesick because she always makes it better.

This time I don't run into Keith when he stops. When I look at where we are I see that we are in front of my door. "Why did you bring me here?" I asked him. "You said you don't have your Bayard so here we are now get it so we can train." I walk up to my door and unlock it making sure Keith doesn't see the password.