Chapter 5

Elizabeth POV.

My day at class was dull without Jay and even duller without Andre but I manage to pull through.

At lunch Maria seemed a little upset and when I asked what was wrong she told me she didn't want to talk about it, at least not yet.

For the very first time I met Maria, today is the first I've ever heard her this quiet apart from when she's asleep.

"Did Jacques did something to hurt her?".

I asked myself, but anyways I will get to the bottom of it.

The rest of the day flew by quickly and I was happy that it did, I personally  wish the rest of my school years are like this, the quicker the better.

I went up to my dorm and Maria was already there packing her stuff to move in with me. I hope she's in a good mood to talk because her not talking is very unnatural for me.

"Hey Maria".

"Hey lizzy".

"Can we please talk? I don't like to seeing you like this".

She sat on the bed and sigh.

"Come on Maria, you know you can talk to me".

"It's Jacques".

"What did he do?".

"Please don't tell me went back to his old ways, I have faith in him".

My mind speaks.

"After I went after him to see why he was upset, he told me that his father was there and he spend the night, and his mother is planning or is getting back together with him etc".

"What?, that can't be".

I said in shock.

"Apparently Jacques is not thrilled with the idea either, and I went on by saying that it's possible for them get back together because I did a thesis and it shows that those who got back together it actually lost and he said the most awful thing to me".

"What did he say".

"He said that he didn't ask for me to be his lawyer or for his mother to be apart of my thesis".

"What! He said that!. Oh Jacques come on. When he's angry he tend to say stuff, but I'm sure he didn't meant it".

"I don't  know much  about his father and their relationship because he never said much about him, but you on the other hand you see to know him more than I do as well as he knows a lot about you too. And you always know what to say and do  to make him feel better, and to be honest Elizabeth i sometimes feel jealous of your friendship with him".

"Please don't talk like that Maria, I've know Jacques quite awhile now, he was my only friend apart from Andre before I met you.  So that is why I know him so much and also because he's a talker. And this is the best Jacques you have here, the old Jacques I wasn't a fan of him-".

"Yeah he said something about his old self this morning, which made me wonder if he'll go back to his old ways".

"I don't think so, Jacques love his mother, and I know for a fact that he loves you and he will never hurt you the way his father hurts his mother".

"How can you be so sure, I've read-".

"Maria, I see the problem here".

"What?".

"Chica, you need to stop bringing your studies into your personal life, make your own theory  by living and make your own mistakes, stop judging your life off other people's life".