In The Beginning

(A/N) I might have to change Liu's story a little in order to make the fanfiction as good as possible but it's nothing crazy anyways, ENJOY

Her left eye twitched a little when she heard the familiar sound coming from her bedroom window. It was tapping. Like clockwork, Liu would prance over to her window every day before the two hung out together. And along with this, she would slide her window open and whoever won the reoccurring game of 'rock, paper, scissors' got to chose what they would do for fun that day. Ever since Liu and his brother, Jeff, got there at the beginning of summer, they quickly became attached and it was just how they were.

Just some friends.

He won that day so they both walked over to the boy's house to pick up his older brother, and after a half hour of them dragging him out of bed, the three of them walked down to the town square where they could do whatever kids would do.

"Hey, you guys wanna head up to the roof?" Jeff spoke up and pointed to the top of the shopping center. Liu and y/n looked up and both seemed to agree, as the roof was a place where they all started hanging out after about a week of becoming friends. Their steps echoed throughout the tight dreary space of the staircase, passing by old gum and graffiti, faded from years of sitting and waiting. Liu was the last one to get to the roof as Jeff and y/n caught their breath. "Geez, you slow-ass" y/n chuckled with Liu in her own version of a headlock. 

Liu laughed and struggled in her grip as Jeff walked over to the gated edge of the rooftop looking down. "Okay, so I say we throw some pebbles at the passers, and watch their confusion." Liu then spoke up "Wow how rebellious of you Jeff!!!" Throwing his hands up in sarcasm as y/n laughed and ran to the edge next to the two boys. "You guys, what are we going to do when school actually starts? We only have three more weeks I think," she whined. The girl was right. None of them wanted to go back to that hell, especially the boys, who would have to suffer their first year in the new high school. Liu sighed "At least I got one friend. This is gonna suck ass though. School always does," the boy spoke before Jeff chimed in with his usual comments.  "Why can't you two pussies just ditch school? I'll do it with you." Liu snapped back at his brother "Haha no you won't!" y/n spoke up between the two "Hey, I got an idea! How about we just make the best of the rest of summer, and then put up with the torture?"  "No way in hell I'm gonna suffer through that" Liu argued, "You got a better idea smart-ass?"

The three of them continued to toss rocks and play fight together as the day went on. For the most part, things seemed perfect in a way, and within no time, they all forgot about the misery of school and just go back to being teenagers. At that moment, it felt like nothing could ruin the rest of summer for any of them.

Oh, how they were so wrong....