Runaway

Liu's POV:

My legs burned. My chest hurt the worst, though, because of how fast my heart was beating and the pressure in lungs was almost unbearable by now. I don't know how long I've been running, all I knew is that I heard the sirens fade off a while ago and now I was way deeper in the woods than I had intended. For all I knew, I could've been running for five minutes, or half a fucking hour by now, and I just couldn't tell. 

What did I just do? I slowed my pace a little bit, in fear of passing out. What have I done to my life? If I had just stayed in the facility and listened to that nurse's bullshit, maybe I could've been out of there and lived the life that I always wanted to.  It was Sully. For fucks-sake, I should've just stopped him. "You killed her! You killed that nurse! "

'No, Liu, you arrogant boy, we killed her'

"I'm a good person! You ruined my entire life! Just leave me alone and go away already! You're not part of me!"

'I am you, you are me, and there is nothing you can do about this... I never ruined your life in the first place, that "brother" of yours did. So don't lie to yourself...'

"SHUT UP, SULLY!" I just needed to figure out where I was at this point. I knew that this facility wasn't too far from where I used to live, so all I had to do was find the closest road and follow the street while staying hidden. 

I began walking back to where I had last seen a street but going in the farthest direction of the facility as possible. The sun was already past the center of the sky, so I'll need to prepare for nightfall, but on the bright side, it will probably make it harder for anyone to find me. Y/n is the first person I need to see, but she's going to figure out what I've done, and for all I know, she might be terrified of me by the time I get to her. Whatever I just need to get to her, and then I'll figure this out...

Y/N POV

I woke up the next morning to my parents sitting in the living room looking at me, with grim expressions, and dulled eyes. From the minute I opened my eyes, I knew that something was wrong because I could hear them speaking in low, hushed voices, sounding rather concerned. With everything thing that had been going on, just hearing this made me feel sick to my stomach as I got up from the bed.

My mother looked at my father, and looked back at me, as her eyes changed from dull, to empathetic and worried, as she began to speak, "Y/n, you need to listen to me." This couldn't be good. "Liu Woods escaped the mental hospital after killing one of their nurses. We got called this morning because the police are concerned he may come to you." At this point, I could hardly hear her speaking. He didn't. Did he? "Y/n!" my father caught my attention this time. "School is going to start in a few days and you're going to be home a lot. We're taking next week off from work to make sure that you're safe, but this is a huge concern."

After a lecture on safety lessons from my parents, I sat empty in my room staring out at the street. He was on the fucking news by now. Liu's lovely face is going to be known for stabbing a damn nurse to death. Why would he do something like this? She must have done something; Lui isn't a mad man.

I sat there, emotionless, on my bed not knowing what to think. Lui, you fuck-head you really messed up this time. What's supposed to happen now, he's a murderer. I turned my head and looked out the window across from me. A vast forest beyond my back yard. I squinted my eyes imagining the road that leads to his facility buried in the trees. I wanted to see him again, right? I mean.. he killed a nurse, what if he did go insane? What if he kills someone else? What if he kills me? No no no. It didn't sit right to think about him that way he wasn't like that when I knew him. There's no way. Right? Lui where are you...?

A/N: Credit to the artist of the picture^^^^