PRISON BREAKOUT AU (A)

My mother could never be happy for me. Keith thought. He never signed up for this shit. Their faces were all over the news after escaping prison. After a two good months, of starving, being homeless, and eating leftover food from the restaurant called Altea's bakery, the police found them.

"Get the fuck up, dipshit." The raven haired boy, ran his fingers through his hair frustratingly.

"I would if i wasn't taserized, give me a minute." Lance winced, holding his side.

"We don't have a second!" Keith scowled at him, picking him up by his arm, forcing him to stand up.

Keith and Lance were on the run. They heard an officer shouting, "Stop running and put your hands up or else we'll open fire!"

Keith didn't dare to look back, Lance running beside him, still holding his side, trying to ignore the pain. Lance would've been having a panic attack right now but he tried steadying his breathing to calm the panic, even by running.

"We'll shoot!" The main officer shouted, probably calling for back up.

They didn't want to go back behind bars, it was like the lights of heaven fades from your existence. The sound of rattling chains would be heard, it echoes around the prison. Keith remembered the place so vividly, he didn't want to go back there. He wanted start a new life with Lance, get married, have a dog or some shit like that.

That couldn't happen if they were fucking handcuffed and behind bars.

A gun went off. Keith glanced at Lance. They were okay.

Another gun went off. Lance looked at Keith, his purple eyes showed nothing but fear, pulse beating in his ears. At least they were alive.

I don't want to die like this. Terror washed over Lance's face. "Keith."

Keith kept running by his side, out of breath. "Yeah?"

"You're... you're the best cellmate ever like... I don't mind doing all of this again."

"Lance, shut your stupid ass mouth. We're not dying here. Not like this. Keep fucking running with me." Keith gritted his teeth, he wouldn't admit it, but he was scared too.

Lance's muscles tensed up, he wasn't frightened anymore or afraid, what he felt was beyond such mere nouns. He heard a high pitched scream; he didn't realized it was his own until much later when his body hit the ground.

The color quickly drained from Keith's face.

No.

Lance was shot. He was fucking shot.

They were supposed to grow old together. Keith's heart froze, his stomach turned icy, He kneeled beside Lance's dying body—

He was not fucking dying.

Another gun fired.

Keith didn't give a shit if he was going to get shot. Tears were trickling in his eyes. He put a hand over his mouth to stop himself from screaming, but nothing came out.

"Lance, we need to keep running." He said, not knowing what to do. "I'll carry you."

Lance hissed in pain, "No. I—You cant." He looked up to Keith, and stopped holding his side, where he got shot.

"Darling... Lance, I-I'll carry you we'll get out of here..." Keith pleaded.

Lance reached his hand up with all his energy that was draining in him, cupping Keith's cheeks. He wiped a tear away. "Run, you'll get arrested, stupid."

"Jerk, I'm not leaving you here!" Keith cried. He was utterly completely done with Lance. He picked him up, Lance groaning and hissing in pain, calling Keith names.

Keith has went through hell. He saw his father die in a fire. He may have killed someone. He went through trial. He got taserized by an officer, twice. He ran over dog, but seeing Lance dying was something else.

"Drop me! I'm fucking dying Keith! Let me fucking go!"

He tried blocking out the sounds of gunshots from afar.

"You're not dying! You're always so fucking annoying! Stop saying that shit."

"I'm dying, Keith." He deadpanned.

That's when it hit Keith. His Lance was dying. He still cradled Lance in his arms, pulling him along, a dying person gets heavy, y'know...

Lance felt like he was getting stabbed at every step that he tried to make, Keith was tired of carrying him that's why he was dragging him along and it fucking hurt like a bitch. He still clung to Keith, his life depended on it. His life depended on him.

The sharp pain from Lance's side faded away, almost like it wasn't there anymore, it faded to a manageable buzz. Everything around him grew fuzzy and indistinct. "It doesn't hurt anymore." He tells Keith.

Keith didn't know what to say, "I love you. You know that right?"

"Yeah." Lance said, almost like a whisper. "I love your ass too, it looks tight in those orange uniforms." He let out a small laugh.

Keith broke into a sad smile, "Fuck you, Lance."

"Fuck you too, Mullet." He locked his eyes with his significant other. Keith's heart ached.

He was watching his boyfriend die, his teeth were chattering. He stared at Lance's pained face. Lance loosely gripped Keith's arm, mouthing some words that Keith couldn't understand. Wow, some bonding moment that they'll remember.

Lance's smile faded, Keith held him close, kissing his forehead, whispering something along the lines that it will be okay.

He felt Lance's body finally relax and dissipate. Keith wanted nothing more than to see Lance wearing a smug smirk, saying a shitty pick up line, or calling him cheesy pet names. He wanted him alive.

Another gun fired.

Keith glanced where it came from, he got shot.

Keith woke up his breathing was uneven and ragged, he looked around, his pulse slows down taking in the familiar place that he despised.

The prison cell.

That wasn't a dream.

Keith's first instinct was to look for Lance, but he was nowhere to be found in his cell, Each morning he wakes up with him on his mind and pain in his heart.

Lance isn't here anymore.

Oof. I love y'all.