Chapter 2: Shooting Star

Previously: "my name is Star, but they call me shooting star" star smiles as Orion gives off the shocked look as well as the others. "Your Star! the one who survived the deadly source!"

As Orion and Star sit in the train cart in quiet silence, Orion was sitting there shocked and surprised as sitting across from her was Star, The great Star that every witch and wizard know since the day it happened. "U-Uh yeah that's me," Star says a bit flustered wanting to hide from all the sudden attention she was getting, It is true she did surpass the attack from the deadly source, she never knew why or the whole story on it but whenever it gets mention everyone panics. she just never knows why. "So, do you know how you got your mark? well on the side of your face?" Orion asked out of curiosity, Star sits there thinking on how she got the mark, though......she didn't. "No I don't, I know this dark source thing that once came across the land once, but that's all I know, my caregivers at the orphanage know it but they are too scared to tell me" star explains to Orion. "So you don't know everything huh?" Orion asked as she motions her friends to leave the cart to talk with star alone. "I'm guessing you do? " star asked confused.  " well I sorta know just a bit, not a lot," Orion said looking at star calmly. " I do know that your mark on your head is from the dark source, which may lead to a curse or worse death," Orion said as she examines the mark up close. Star gets nervous when doing she was doing it from when people come near her mark something terrible happens. " h-hey I see Hogwarts! We should, get our robes on now" Star says as she gets up to go out on her robe she bought. Orion sits there a bit confused watching star leave to put on her robe, Orion gets up and slips on her robe, truth be told she was a bit nervous to go to a school suited for wizards.

As the train skids to a stop at the train stop all the students file out from the train and head towards the pathway to Hogwarts, all the first years held back due to they were unsure where to go until a someone bigger then them walks over to them. " First years! Come with me! My names Hagrid and I'll be talking you to the most famous wizard school Hogwarts!" Hagrid says to all the first-year students as he leads the way to Hogwarts. Star and Orion were part of the group though they didn't at all look like firsts years. More like second years to others for them were a bit taller than them. Star was worried for it was also the young girl' birthday today but we will keep this part hidden for now.

All the students start to file into the school examining the things they passed along there way to the great hall, before they made there way there hagrid halts to a stop at a large staircase. " well first years I'll be droppin ye off here for now" hagrid explains as he walks off out the doors. All the students stood there as another teacher appears, she was pretty tall but looked very kind to those she teaches. " hello everyone I am professor McGonagall and I will be taking you to the great hall so you all will be sorted into your houses, as you know there are 4 different houses you would be sorted into, there is Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin, your houses will earn points within the school year, points will be taken if you don't properly follow school rules, now wait here while I go and see if they are ready for you" professor McGonagall says as she walks up the stairs to the great hallway.  All the students began to chatter and tried to guess what houses they will be in.

As the students continue to chatter, Star stands there amount the students feeling somehow off, yes it was her birthday but every year the same thing would happen, she just can't find out why. Professor McGonagall arrives and tells the students to follow her. "they are ready for you" she says as all the students follow her into the great hall where all the students from all 4 houses wait to see which ones will join them. "form a line students" Professor McGonagall says as the students do so, star looks up ahead to see all the professors and the headmaster himself, headmaster Dumbledore, one of the greatest wizards of all time. In front of the professors sitting on a wooden stool was a large brown worn-out hat, all of a sudden the hat begins to sing. 

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.
You can keep your black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.
There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry Set Gryffindors apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffis are true And unafraid of toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve their ends.
So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

All the students clapped after the hat finished its song, as the room feel the silence, Professor McGonagall stepped up front with a large parchment scroll in her hands, " When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted" Mcgonagall says as she starts to call up students names. Star Stands and listens for her name to be called as Orions was called up "Burn Orion!" Says the professor as Orion walks up to the stool placing the hat on, but before she could the hat called out a house. "Slytherin!" The hat called out as the whole Slytherin house cheered, Star smiled as Orion goes and heads to her now sorted  table, "Luna Star!" The professor says as Star slowly walks up to the hat,  She placed the hat gently on her head and the hat begins but with a puzzled look. "hmm such choices hard to decide, you are smart like a Ravenclaw, brave like a Gryffindor, your slick like aslytherin but kind like Hufflepuff, hm hard to decided were to put you oh um, UNDECIDED!" The house shouts as all the Students and professors gasp in shock. Mcgonagall stares in shock and remove the hat as Star sits there confused, "come with me dear" Mcgonagall says as she led star out of the great hall as everyone watched in shock.'

'Undecided? What does that mean?' Star thought as she was led out of the great hall.

--------------------------------------------
So that took longer the expected but it's done! Yes this is based off of Harry potter but I'm adding my own twists, no worries Harry and the trio will be in it so calm down. Hope you enjoy this!