Chapter 41: Pain

Tris POV:

Today is the second day of war. I don't even know how I am gonna survive but this is hell out here. we're trying to keep this war outside of the city but the way it's looking now I don't even think it's possible. Me and Tobias are walking across the field with long grass.

"So what's the plan?" I whisper

"We're going to stay down her for ground and protection and shoot anyone who is from dystopia that comes near us" Tobias says

"Okay" I whisper

We hear someone scream and more guns go off but not any that is near us. I'm starting to get worried that someone is going to come up behind us and shoot us. But I don't see anyone neither does Tobias.

"Get down" Tobias whispers

I duck down and load my gun and so does Tobias. But he is a little up higher then me to watch. I hear a blood curling scream that's near us. Someone must be near us who just got shot. I see Tobias load his gun and shoot someone. I see the person through the grass fall. Then I turn around so my back is facing Tobias and I see something green moving through the grass. I kneel up and shoot the person in the leg. Then somehow I hear the gun off and pain goes through. I load my gun again and shoot the person in the chest and they fall to the ground. I fall down to the ground and I find haft of my arm is bleeding bad. I have been shot in the arm before but it wasn't this painful and the bullet wasn't in my arm this deep. I start to scream because it hurts so much. Tobias puts his hand over my mouth..

"Shh baby they will hear you, we need to get you to safety" he whispers

"How Tobias, it's too dangerous just forget me, I'm loosing too much blood already" I whimper

"No tris, I'm going to get you to safety no matter what and I'm not gonna leave you here to die" he whispers

"Tobias you have to, your not gonna make it too if you try to take me to safety I'm not gonna let you risk your life for me" I say

"Tris I would risk my life for you it's because I love you that much" he says

"Okay, let's try to get to safety" I say

"Can you walk?" He says

"Yeah my arm is just in a lot of pain and its bleeding a lot" I say

"Here let me help" he says

He unzips his jacket and then takes his jacket off then he pulls his t-shirt off and wraps the shirt around my wound. Then he puts his jacket back on and zips it back up. The blood is even starting to bleed through the shirt. We start to run quickly. Tobias is guarding me since it's hard for me to use my gun. Then things start to get weird. I start to see things that are really weird. Then I fall to the ground and I hear Tobias yell something but I don't know what it is. Then everything turns black.