Chpt. 1

"why are we always stuck running from the bullets"

Lance pov

    The alarm blares through the castle. Red lights flashing.
     I rush to get my armor on, trying not to be late.I put on the slick black undersuit, then proceed to put the rest on as quickly as I can. I run to the main deck and enter, slowing down my sprint.
     "Lance, you're late. What if that was a real attack!? We wouldn't have been prepared!" Allura scolds me. 'But I got here a second after everyone else. I legit basically walked in with Keith, two steps behind him. He didn't get scolded.' I think. I want to argue back, but don't. Gotta keep up the facade, and not wanting to start a fight. I smile a big, bright, fake, smile. "Gotta look my best for you princess." I say, adding on a wink at the end. Allura's face morphs into one of disgust before returning back to her normal look. "Lance, just get here on time" Shiro says.
   Suddenly the alarms go off. The princess turns around and checks the area around the castle. "Paladins! Get to your lions! The Galra are approaching!" Princess says. We all bolt to our lions. I reach the hangar and hop in Blue. "Ready girl?" I ask. She purrs,"Always Cub". We launch out, ready to fight.
    "Nice of you to join us Lance" Keith says. "What were you doing? Flirting with the mice" Pidge asks. I roll my eyes and sigh as everyone Laughs. "Alright team. Let's go" Shiro says as the giggles die down.  We all separate from our positions into different areas, not needing Voltron to take down the fleet. I start firing at ships. Taking then out, one by one. Keith misses a shot to a Galra ship, Blue not fast enough to dodge, making it hit us. Blue rattles around. I bang my head on the controls and knock my arm into a sharp piece sticking out. Blood oozes from my forehead, nose, and arm. I groan quietly as I regain composure. Keith, doesn't realize or seem to care that he hit me, continuing to go after ships. Me, not wanting to start a fight, stays silent. I just keep shooting.
   "Alright team, that's All of them. Return back to the castle " Shiro says. I land Blue in the hangar, taking a minute to get out, my head pounding and blood on my face and armor.
  I walk out of Blue to see the team. They're all congratulating each other, not acknowledging me. "Hunk, that was great!", "Pidge good job out there.", "Keith keep up the good work" , "Shiro your such a great leader!"  with a bunch of pats on the back. No one looks my way or asks if I'm okay. I leave, no chance of them noticing me and not wanting my blood to drip on the floor.

   I enter my room and drop my bloodied outerwear on the floor. I go into my bathroom and look into my mirror. My lips busted open, I have a bruise on my jawline, a bloody nose and a cut on my forehead. I sigh and grab a towel. I wet it and start wiping off the blood and grime,  frowning as the white towel turns a slight pink shade.
   I hop in the shower and turn the water on. The water hits my skin, washing off everything. I watch the drain and the tinted pink water going down it. I finish washing up, get out, and wrap a towel around my waist. I grab some bandage and gauze out of the  cabinet and put some gauze on my finger. I spread it on the gash on my arm, hissing as soon as it makes contact. I finish applying and wrap it in bandages before putting on some comfy clothes. I climb into the Altean bed, not bothering to eat dinner. Soon enough, I fall into a restless sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~
Sksksksks this sucks.