Inferno

Hi guys! This happens when Hiccstrid is 41 and Zephyr is 18. Enjoy!

———————

"AHHHH!" Zephyr yelled as she swung her axe down on her father. Hiccup quickly dodged it with Inferno and presser it against her weapon.

"Is that all?" Hiccup teased and grinned at his daughter who smirked back. "You're gonna wish it was" She replied and swung her axe again, making Hiccup barrel roll away.

She turned around to face him, her eyes narrowing as he smiled triumphantly. Suddenly, he clicked for the Zippleback gas to come out and drew a circle around.

Zephyr groaned and covered her nose and mouth with her hand. "Aww, no fair!" She yelled and backed away from the gas, not noticing a small rock on the floor.

She tripped backwards and to her luck, hitting Hiccup and Inferno. The flaming sword grazed her thigh as she fell and she let out a cry.

"Zephyr!" Hiccup called out and ran towards her when the fog cleared. She whimpered and held her thigh in pain. Her father crouched by her side and looked at her worriedly.

The sword had slashed through her dark blue leggings, making a cut on her thigh. It wasn't as bad as he thought it was, but still not good.

"I'm so sorry, sweetheart" Hiccup apologized and frowned at her in concern. Zephyr chuckled and shook her head.

"I forgive you, but it really isn't me you should be worried about" She said and raised an eyebrow knowingly. Hiccup winced at the thought and rubbed his neck sheepishly.

"Yeah... Astrid is gonna kill me" He said with a nervous chuckle at end and looped a hand under her arm, helping Zephyr up.

"Okay, okay. Just lean on me. We're taking you to a healer" Hiccup told her daughter who nodded and tried to walk, hissing at the pain.

"I really am sorry, Zeph" Hiccup apologized again as he brought her to the nearest healer and she smiled.

"That's what you get for cheating, dad" Zephyr said playfully and Hiccup chuckled, shaking his head.

"You really are just like your mother" He mumbled and smiled back at her.

•••

"You WHAT?!" Astrid bursted out on Hiccup and he grimaced at the loudness of her voice.

"It was just a small cut! No stitches! I didn't even hurt much right, Zephyr?" Hiccup asked his daughter, looking at her pleadingly. Since Zephyr was reading and couldn't see him, she laughed softly and shook her head.

"Oh, no. It hurt a lot." Zephyr answered and looked up to see Hiccup's eyes narrowed at her. She chuckled nervously and went back to her book.

"Hiccup!" Astrid exclaimed at him with wide eyes and gestured to their daughter. "I know, I know. I'm a terrible father who's always accidentally hurting his children and I'm sorry-" Hiccup started and hung his head in shame, getting cut off by Astrid sighing.

"That's not what I'm gonna say" She told him, stepping forward and taking his hands in hers. He looked up at her and saw her smiling at him.

"Hiccup, you're an amazing father. You've helped, taught, and cared for our children. Look how great they turned out!" Astrid said to him and glanced at Zephyr who was so absorbed in her book that she didn't hear what her parents were talking about.

"Zephyr's so prepared to be wonderful chief and Nuffink's ready to be a great general." She continued while Hiccup looked over at his daughter with a small smile on his face.

Astrid gave his hands a squeeze and they both smiled at each other, eyes shining with sincerity and love.

"Most of all, they both have kindness and stubbornness that they got from you" She finished and he chuckled.

"They also got that from you" Hiccup replied, moving his hands to rest on her waist and smiling widely.

"We're both good parents. You just need to... cut back a little from all this raw viking-ness" Astrid teased and placed her hands over his chest, making Hiccup roll his eyes.

"Well, I'll try best, m'lady" He said back playfully. "You better" She told him, both of them leaning in to kiss.

Just when their lips were about to touch, Astrid moved back and glared at him. "Or I will take that stupid gassy fire sword" She added and he scoffed.

"Astriddd" Hiccup dragged and grinned at her widely while she frowned at him.

"I told you from the very start that someone was gonna get hurt" Astrid said defensively and he snorted. "That was like 20 years ago" Hiccup said and gave her a pointed look.

"Still" Astrid said and shrugged. "What, you predicted that 20 years in the future, our daughter would get hurt from Inferno?" He asked her with an amused smile.

"Yes" She answered, making him grin and bring her closer. "There's the stubbornness" He replied and they both laughed. The couple grinned happily at each other and leaned in to kiss each other.

While they kissed, Zephyr decided to look up and immediately gagged in disgust. "Eww, guys. Just ew" She complained, making her parents pull away.

They chuckled at her reaction and then suddenly smirked at each other. Hiccup raised an eyebrow at Astrid and she nodded, both of them turning to their daughter.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Zephyr asked in a wary tone, frowning at their grinning faces. Her parents both went over to her sides and kissed her cheek, making their daughter yelp in surprise.

"We love you, honey" Astrid laughed out and ruffled her daughter's hair. "Aww, mom!" Zephyr exclaimed and fixed her hair again while her parents chuckled.

"Sorry again for hurting you, Zeph" Hiccup apologized and kissed the top of her head. His daughter laughed softly and smirked.

"Okay, but I need something in return" Zephyr said and Hiccup rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest.

"And what's that?" He asked and she grinned wider. "You have to teach me how to use Inferno" She answered, making Hiccup grin back and Astrid frown.

All through out their lives, Inferno would always be there. There to be used by Hiccup then Zephyr then her children. There to be fought about. There for everything.