Valhalla

Hi guys! I don't know why, but I'm on a writing streak 😂. Anyways, enjoy!

———————

Astrid's eyes opened and all she saw was light. Bright, white light shining into her eyes, yet she didn't need to look away. She looked around her and frowned when she saw nothing.

"Hello?" Astrid called out, her eyes squinting to see things. Then, she spotted figures coming closer and closer to her.

"Who's there?" She asked, stepping closer and trying to recognize the people's faces. Once they got close enough, she gasped, seeing on person's face.

"Stoick!" Astrid shouted happily and ran towards her. He laughed loudly and hugged her tightly.

"Where am I?" She asked, pulling away and looking back at the figures behind him that she still couldn't see. Stoick chuckled and smiled at her.

"Valhalla, Astrid. You've made it. Oh, and I got to tell ya. We were waiting for you, lass!" Stoick told her, making Astrid gape in confusion.

"Wait, I'm in Valhalla?!" Astrid asked again and he nodded. "That's-that's amazing." She said and smiled at Stoick again.

"I missed you so much, Stoick!" She exclaimed and hugged him once more. He laughed softly and nodded. "I'm proud to be able to officially call you daughter-in-law" He told her and she shook her head.

"Just daughter" Astrid corrected, making him smile wider. "Daughter it is" He agreed and they both closed their eyes, hugging each other as father and daughter.

"ASTRID!" A familiar voice called out and Astrid's eyes bursted open in recognition. She pulled away from Stoick and saw Heather running towards her.

"Heather!" She laughed and hugged her friend tightly. "Gods, I missed you" Heather told her and grinned brightly.

"I missed you too, Heath" Astrid replied and then grinned when she saw more of her friends run towards her.

"GUYS!" She exclaimed and they all went in a group hug. "Astrid!" Ruffnut cried, followed by Snotlout who held her hand. "To admit it, I missed the insults" Snotlout told her, making Astrid chuckle.

"Fishlegs!" She greeted as they all pulled away. Fishlegs sobbed loudly and hugged his friend again, lifting her off the ground.

"A!" Tuffnut called out and Astrid turned to him, being let go by Fishlegs. "Hey, Tuff!" She greeted and hugged her friend.

"I really missed you all" Astrid told the group and smiled at each one of them, tears gathering in her eyes. Suddenly, she heard her name called again and turned around.

"Astrid, dear!" Valka greeted and held her arms out for the girl. Astrid felt a tear slip out and laughed softly, walking over to her.

"Valka" She breathed and hugged her tightly. Ever since they met, Astrid and Valka got very close. Both being able to relate as they were both in the same positions.

Once they separated, Valka's eyes darkened a little and she looked behind her for someone. "Is Hiccup with you?" She asked and Astrid's heart dropped.

Astrid frowned and shook her head, making Valka nod in understanding. "I-i left him" She stuttered out and abruptly felt a pang of sadness and loneliness.

Noticing her change of mood, Valka took Astrid's hand and led her to a big mirror. Astrid recoiled in shock of it appearing there and her eyes widened.

"Woah, was that there before?" Astrid asked, making Valka chuckled and shake her head. "You want to see Hiccup, don't you?" Valka asked her and gestured to the mirror in front of them.

Astrid nodded and faced the mirror with confusion. Suddenly, the mirror changed into a scene. She gasped when she saw a boat floating away in the night sky.

"Is that-?"
"Your boat. They're sending you off to Valhalla" Valka explained and Astrid felt tears gather in her eyes as the scene changed.

She saw her husband's tear-stained face, raising his bow and releasing the arrow to light up her boat. She felt her heart crack when you saw how immensely miserable he was.

"I love you, m'lady" He muttered under his breath and a tear fell down both their cheeks. Astrid sniffled and raised a hand to her heart.

"I love you too, babe" She said back to the mirror, knowing that he wouldn't hear her. She saw her children approach him and smiled.

"They've grown up so much, Valka" Astrid told her, raising her hand to touch her children's faces. Valka smiled as well and nodded.

"I forgot to thank you for finally giving me some grand babies" Stoick said from behind them and placed a hand on Astrid's shoulder. She laughed and bit her lip, still watching the scene.

She couldn't wait to finally see her husband and children again.

•••

Hiccup's eyes opened into a bright light. He frowned in confusion and turned around in a full circle, looking for anything.

Suddenly, he heard a voice that made his eyes lit up and his heart flutter. "Hey, knucklehead!" Astrid called out to him, stepping forwards and making him smile.

"Hey, m'lady!" Hiccup greeted back and she ran towards him, launching into his arms. He hugged her tightly and she sighed.

"What took you so long?" She asked him, pulling away and placing a hand on his cheek. They both smiled at each other lovingly, tears building in their eyes.

"Well, the dying part for one took a lot of time" Hiccup retorted and they both laughed. He placed a hand on hers and leaned into it.

"I missed you, Astrid" He told her sincerely.
"I missed you too, babe" She replied and leaned in to kiss him. Finally, after a whole year, their lips connected into a kiss.

"Valhalla's pretty boring without you here" Astrid said after they pulled away, both grinning at each other.

Even if Valhalla was the external resting place with everything you could possibly need, the only thing it couldn't give was what Astrid need the most. Hiccup.

Valhalla only became actual heaven when Hiccup got there.