( 010 ) FOUNDER'S PARTY.

Evelyn and Bonnie were sitting in Elena's room as they watched her get ready from her bed.

"Delicate flower vs. naughty vixen?" Bonnie asked, as she waved two bottles of nail polish in front of them to choose.

"Tough call. Can we mix them?" Elena replied back, as she continued to straighten her hair in the bathroom.

"Look at you, getting all pretty for your date. You seem happy-ish," Bonnie teased as Evelyn stayed quiet. She had noticed a change in Elena- a good change. She had seemed brighter and happier to be around everyone for once. She was talking more and had her natural glow that everybody seemed to love, coming back to her again.

"I am...ish. Tonight's going to be a good night. But don't let that stop you from telling me whatever it is you wanted to tell me as soon as you walked in the door."

Evelyn looked at Bonnie questioningly. "Tell her what?"

Bonnie ignored her friend and looked at Elena. "What if I tell you in the morning? I don't want to ruin the night."

"Bonnie, out with it," Elena demanded as she sat on her bed beside her friends.

"Okay, but it has to go in the vault, because Caroline will kill me if it gets back to Damon that she squealed. Apparently Stefan has a very interesting back story." Evelyn leaned in closer, now intrigued as to what her friend had to say.

"Caroline? When did you talk to her?" Evelyn asked, as she furrowed her brows. Was this after she left her room?

"We were at The Grill today and she spilled it all." Typical Caroline.

"Uh-huh," Elena added from the side. Just from the look she was giving Bonnie, Evelyn could tell Elena wasn't giving in to anything.

"Do you know what happened with his ex-girlfriend, Katherine?" Evelyn straightened her back, awaiting Elena's answer. She knew about Katherine, Elena told her everything.

"I know that they both dated her and that's why they have issues."

"Are we really surprised?" Evelyn muttered from aside. You could smell the tension from the two brothers from a mile away.

"Yeah, they both dated her, only she chose Damon. And that drove Stefan mad, so he did horrible things to try and break them up. He manipulated Katherine. He filled her head with all these lies until finally it worked, and she turned against Damon," Bonnie explained but Evelyn wasn't believing any of it. Stefan was a good person, he didn't seem like the type to go around and exploit somebody's emotions. Evelyn knew this had to be a ploy set up by Damon, to get everyone to turn against his brother.

Evelyn snorted. "I smell bullshit." Bonnie gave her a look.

"That sounds like one person's side of the story, meaning Damon's." Elena chimed, as Evelyn silently agreed. Evelyn also knew Caroline was one for dramatics and liked to change or spice up a good gossip story, so she wouldn't be surprised if she twisted some of Damon's words in the process.

"I just wanted you to know."

"Anyway, his past relationships are none of my business." Evelyn knew Elena cared about Stefan's past, especially with his ex.

"Unless he's a calculating, manipulative liar. That is your business." Evelyn scoffed at Bonnie's words, already getting annoyed with her perseverance. Sometimes Bonnie took things way too seriously and it got on Evelyn's  nerves.

"Stefan is none of those things," Elena defended him as Evelyn nodded in agreement.

"Yeah? How do you know?" Elena looked down for a moment then to Evelyn, her eyes giving her away the very moment she glanced up at her.