Chapter 1 Calculus homework

Julia | Nola

"It's spring and love is in the air. Julia Rose, the infamous model that was the opening and ending model for last year's fashion week, might have just been living the dream love story. After being rumored to be dating so many celebrities and fellow models in the industry, Julia might have finally met Mr. Right. Julia and young multi-billionaire entrepreneur, Vincent Black, were spotted in multiple public areas and the most recent one was being spotted at the beach, cuddling up to each other and celebrating fourth of July together. Talk about romantic. Sources say that during fashion week, Vincent was spotted congratulating his lady after the show was a huge success at the entry of her changing room. Although we haven't gotten a direct confirmation from neither Julia nor Vincent, those pictures already speak a thousand words."

Julia pushed away from her brown hair away from her face as she hovered her body over her bed. Her bedroom door was burst open as her best friend flopped next to her on the bed, the springs on the bed groaning in agony.

"Good to see you too, Nola." Magnolia rolled her eyes as she brushed away her fiery ginger hair as she sat up. She grabbed Julia's phone and unlocked it revealing a picture of Julia and her apparently new boyfriend, Vincent.

"So the news is true then, aren't they? You really are dating Vincent Black?" Julia's gaze shifted to her best friend and threw her a rather harmless glare.

"Are you going to rattle me out to one of the drama channels on YouTube? Or better yet TMZ?" Noli sensed the mockery in her best friend's tone and decided to play along.

"Dammit. And here I thought I could add some zeros into my bank account." The pair dissolved into laughter as they slumped on the queen sized bed.

"No but seriously. Are you? I know better than to trust wannabe channels. So I thought I'd know from the center of the story herself."

Julia sighed as she stared at the ceiling. "You know how this works, Noli. I didn't have much of a say in it anyway. My manager thinks it's a good boast for my career and it will help Vincent. So in theory, it's a win-win situation."

"But in practicality?"

"But in practicality, I don't like Vincent. I mean, he's a nice guy. We've engaged in conversations a couple of times in social events but there's no... click. Do you know? Sure, I'd call him up if I want to share a few drinks and have a good time. But not date."

"What about his reputation?"

"Yes, he does flirt with any woman within a mile radius but... he's no womanizer. With my encounters with him, I realized it's his way of easing the tension. Even if some woman tends to be a bit too flattered or too uncomfortable."

Noli cringed outwardly, "yikes. There is no such thing as balance, is there?"

"I just wish it can all just calm down a bit. It's all so crazy at this point. I just wish it would all just calm down." Julia groaned as she rested her head on her best friend's lap. Magnolia instinctively ran a hand through her hair.

"Tell you what? I'm sure you haven't been able to check social media for a while because... you know... but there is a high school reunion that is happening at the end of the month. You should come."

Julia turned her attention to her best friend. "Magnolia are you being serious? Attending a social event? In two weeks? If the public knows, photographers are going to be there and reporters. I'd be asking for it."

"Oh relax, paranoid. It'll be fine. It's a legitimate venue that will be secured. Besides, I've heard many celebrities hold events there. So there's really nothing to worry about."