Chapter 7 Monopoly

For seven years of her life, Julia was the baby of the family. She was the youngest offspring of the Rose family. She had this "daddy's little girl" charm that never failed her. She was her parents' little princess.

After seven years of being the youngest and only daughter of the Rose family, Sadie was born into the world. Sadie was a beautiful baby girl. She took after their Mom's blonde hair and their Dad's vibrant green eyes. Her smile? Their grandma.

Until Sadie was born, they had no name for her. Hell, they didn't even know the gender. All they knew was that they were having one and that the baby was healthy.

Julia remembered the day pretty clearly. She was in lunch in her old school, eating her peanut butter and jelly sandwich in glee when her homeroom teacher tapped her shoulder. She whispered in her ear that her uncle was here to pick her up.

Julia loved Uncle Jack. He lived in Washington D.C so it was really weird why he was here. Especially when it was a rarity since he visited; he went to college there.

Julia shuffled through her homeroom and grabbed her school bag. Walking out of the quad, she was greeted with Uncle Jack's loving smile.

He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her hair, his smell lingering in her clothes. He told her that her sibling was being born right now. And ever since Sadie was the baby of the family.

As of today, that event was eighteen years ago.

One thing Sadie took absolutely seriously; planning an epic party. For that goal to be accomplished, the parents had to not have been in the house. Which was a job for all the Rose siblings. Oddly enough, it came surprisingly easy; Uncle Jack —— or well, Jack —— was going to be there.

Sadie definitely went all out Julia thought to herself when she walked into their family home.

Since her birthday was in February; the party was a winter themed one. She insisted that everyone wore white and silver. Yup, she went all out. The furniture of the living room were pushed to the edge of the room as it was replaced with a dance floor.

Sadie was in the middle of it all, dancing with her best friend, Willa. Sadie was radiant in her silver, sequin dress. It's low cut showed a generous yet limited amount of cleavage. The slick reached from her mid-thigh till the bottom of her dress. Julia was low-key proud her little sister to be able to dance in such high heels. The maroon color of the shoes stood out in the room. A slow song came on and Sadie's boyfriend, Kyle, snuck an arm around her waist. She turned and gave him a smile and wrapped her arms around his neck. He leaned down and whispered something in her ear that made her blush then giggle; slapping his back playfully.

"Wow, you're sister's really pretty," Vincent said beside her.

Julia threw him a look. His eyes widened and he stammered. "I-I... I mean she's cute."

Julia couldn't help the laughter. "I'm just kidding. But yeah, Sadie is really beautiful. Our mom is half Russian so I guess that explains the beauty that spread through the family," she joked.

"No kidding," he muttered. Julia didn't think it was intended to be heard but when she did, she blushed instantly. Vincent stared at her blue eyes. "What? You don't believe me? You're gorgeous, Julia. And those eyes? They're the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen."

Julia squirmed under his gaze. "You're not so bad yourself." He chuckled, pulling her closer and kissing her hair. His scent engulfed her in a warm hug.

"Guess that comes from my Lebanese heritage," he said, eyes roaming around the party.

"You're Lebanese?"