Chapter 1

He woke up from the sunlight peering through his window. When was the last time he woke up because of the sunshine? He was trying to recall his dream, it was filled with sunshine too. She was so delighted in that dream, he is trying to recall that memory, is it just a dream or one of the rare moments he could remember her being really happy. It was a memory. She was being hugged by the sun, tickled by the sand and called by the sea. It was in Caramoan, one of the last places they had been to. And she was at her happiest.

He decided to just get up. Explore. That's the whole point he's here. Aries wanted to discover what she wanted to see in Palau. Summer vacation for her wont be complete without a trip to the sea. But her goal then was to travel around every beach in the Philippines first before exploring out of the country. Aries never had an inkling that she wanted to go to Palau. He tried to make his breakfast but ended up just making a cup of coffee for himself. He'd just pick up something for breakfast along his way he thinks to himself.

Aries went to the beach, with her diary. It was left behind when she ran that day. That was 5 years ago, but he only saw the diary about a year ago when he tidied up the books in his library, someone must have placed it on the shelf along with his books.

"is long term engagement not really ideal? Are three years even long enough for someone to get bored? does love really fade through time? when did this relationship started going south? this dull? when did this discord started? Is it really my fault? Am I really too short of efforts?

This entry was not something he doesn't know, she has asked him a million times, Aries just ignored them. "I gave her time, I tried to stay with her. I just observed her and my weighed feelings, if I would still feel at ease with her, if I could still stand staying. If whether I'd want to be with her or Erin. She was comfortable while Erin was refreshing. I wanted something more than just comfortable. I chose adventure."

Aries was distracted of the children's laughter. It's the little girl again, with a bunch of her friends. Her smile, her pout, they all seem familiar. Her giggles, they are very contagious. It made Aries smile or sort of smile. His heart sank, to his gut. He remembered her, she was a nursery teacher. She would have enjoyed this scene.

Aries supposedly met her during their sophomore year in college. It was the week before summer break, he was on his way to the liberal arts building for an errand. His senior asked him to drop off a letter.

"So it's you! Aha! You're the one who's been dropping off those letters! You are Mr. Romantico! You are her secret admirer!"

Aries was so confused. What's going on? What is this girl talking about? "I'm sorry, miss, but I don't know what you mean."

"Our friend has been receiving these lovesick letters. And we have been on stakeouts hoping to catch you! You just dropped off a letter in her mailbox!"

"That wasn't from me! I was just.." oh..shoot! That was that cryptic instruction for! I'm in trouble. "Oh..yes..I just dropped the letter..it is..yes..they are from me..those letters." He was stammering so hard because of shock and the lack of choice. How unlucky could I be? How many of us have been sent to do this quest? Why should it be me who gets caught! He feels awfully helpless.

"Ha! And you were trying to get off of it! From what college are you? What year are you now? How did you know her? What's your intention? How long were you planning to keep this up? When were you planning to face her? Are you gonna propose to her now that you are caught? Will you not break her heart?"

Aries held his arms up in surrender. "Easy, one question at a time, please?" He doesn't even know who "her" is. How can he answer these questions. He has to be quick on his toes or else he'll blow up this cover. He can't let them know that he's not the sender of those love notices. What did I get myself in to?! How am I going to get out of this?