Part 7 - He's Our Teacher!?

I've been waiting a week. No word from Toshi-kun at all.
I'm getting paranoid at this point, but I know I passed the exam. I'm sitting on the couch in the living room, absentmindedly lifting a dumbbell in my left hand.
Mom comes scrambling in, holding a note, "Izuku! Its a letter from UA!" I freeze.

Mom sits next to me on the couch as I gingerly hold the envelope. I stare at the wax seal.
"Izu, sweety, whatever your score or whether you pass or not... I'm very proud that you tried at all." I smile at her and give a quick side hug. I slowly open the envelope and pull out a metal disc. "What is?" A light shoots out of it and I quickly place it on the coffee table.

"I AM HERE! As a projection!" All Might stands triumphantly in the middle of the hologram. Mom slumps onto my shoulder, I think she passed out. "I'm sorry I couldn't have contacted you sooner, with great power comes even greater paperwork!" I chuckle slightly at Toshi-kun's joke.

At the end I had gotten 72 Villain Points and 60 Rescue Points, getting first place for the entrance exam. Kacchan was second with 77 Villain points and no Rescue Points. Uraraka-Chan got fourth.

I got a text from All Might shortly after the projection turned off, saying to meet him at Dagobah. I apologized to my mom as I softly laid her down on the couch, and headed out.

"Toshi-kun!" I call out as I approach the frail man. He turns and smiles at me. He raises his hand "Good job on getting accepted." I high five him. "Thank you."

"Just so you know, I didn't tell the school about my connection to you. I know you're the type that would take that as cheating. I wasn't one of the judges either." I nod and rub the back of my head. "I was still kinda surprised when you were the one on the projection, even though you told me about you being a teacher. It was crazy to actually witness it."

He nods and turns toward the ocean. "Now that you have that card, my search for an actually successor will take place within U.A." I walk up next to him and he continues. "But ever since your card of me evolved like that, I've felt One For All's fire burn brighter within me, I've been able to hold my hero form for longer." 'Can my quirk affect the power of other's quirks like that?' "I think there may be more to your quirk, Young Midoriya." I nod, "Sounds like it."
"I already have some candidates for my quirk, but I wan't you to also look for possible successors." I nod and gesture to myself, "You can count on me, Toshi-kun."

———————

"Please take your feet off the desk! You are disrespecting the school, and those who sat there before you!" I am very tempted to walk right back out this door. Kacchan and the Blue hair guy from the exam are arguing. I close the door and that makes their attention snap to me. "You!" Blue hair comes right at me with a hand out, "I'm Iida Tenya from Soumei High!" I quickly take his hand in fear of it actually stabbing me with how pointed he has it, "Midoriya Izuku, Aldera Junior High." I say in my usual happy and reserved tone.

"I commend you for finding out the secret of the exam, for that you are clearly the better student." He bows and I raise my hands in surrender, "H-hey, I didn't figure anything out, I was just d-doing what I thought was right!" He straightens his back and nods.

"Oh, its you!" I turn to the sound of a familiar voice behind me. "I'm great full that you passed, but I can't believe you came in first!" I rub the back of my neck gently and look away, "A-ah, I'm just g-glad you seem ok." She smiles brightly and I believe it made me blind.

"If you're just here to make friends, you should pack your things and leave." I stare at the yellow creature with a tired man's face and Uraraka-chan slowly turns to it. I can sense the horror that fills the room. It takes out a juice pouch and slurps it down, the act only causing greater horror to blanket the room.

It slowly unzips and stands, I instantly recognize the yellow portion as a sleeping bag, and the tired man as slightly recognizable. "It took you all 7 seconds to get quiet. Thats too long, time is important." He reaches into the sleeping bag, "I am Aizawa Shota, your homeroom teacher." The rest of class chorus' back "HOMEROOM TEACHER!?"

The man sighs and pulls out a gym uniform from the yellow sleeping bag, "This may be sudden, but put these on and meet me at the training grounds."