unique. jovan (yvie oddly) x gender neutral reader

(smut warning, skip the part where they start to kiss all the way to the next day if you're not here for that)

***This is a little something requested by Devils-Dyke earlier! I wrote this before our queen was crowned but never got around finishing it. I hope you like it, hun ♡ I find Jovan extremely attractive so you'll be reading about him again soon! And this is loooong as fuck!

You and Jovan have been together for over a year now, and you are the biggest fan of his drag character, Yvie Oddly. You two met at one of his performances, wherein you were trying to get inspiration for your latest design.

You studied at a well-known college for arts and finished a degree in fashion design, and you were applying to become a designer for one of your favorite brands. At the time, they asked you to bring an ensemble that spoke true to who you are, one they've never seen before.

This is were Yvie comes in, as one of your friends from Denver suggested that you watch the odd queen's show for inspiration. It was a long trip, but the struggle was definitely worth it. When you first saw Yvie, you couldn't take your eyes off her.

Being the style artist that you were, she hypnotized you into her weird, fulfilling fantasy. Nothing and everything made complete sense when it came to Yvie. And you needed more of that. You wanted to know the man behind the artistry. You found yourswlf wanting more, and you started watching her shows frequently.

It wasn't until the third time you came to see her that Yvie noticed you. She remembered seeing you in her previous shows and approached you after the performance in full drag. You marveled ay how beautiful she was, which she claims isn't something she hears on a usual basis. You complained about people's preferences after hearing that, and just spent a lovely night talking to her about style and your mutual love for people who do not conform with the norms of society.

You came to the club during the queen's gigs a few more times, making Yvie happier with each visit. Her face lit up on stage every time she saw you in the audience, and it gave her the extra fire to perform better.

On the other hand, watching Yvie and hanging out with her gave you the creative juices you needed. After just two weeks of getting to know her, you have already cultivated an entire line of designs. In addition to that, her feedback on each of your creations always made the pieces better. Whether it was a small suggestion in terms of color coordination or material advice, you just admired how Yvie could provide her honest opinions as they are. Many didn't like this trait about her, but she was exactly what you needed and you couldn't imagine her in any other way. This much can be said to the person behind the art, Jovan.

The two of you began hanging out more often, and you started seeing each other outside of work. Jovan was the sweetest guy ever, despite what everyone was portraying him to be. Unlike the majority who only showered you with compliments and complained about your flaws behind your back, he was completely transparent with you and was always willing to work on both of your shortcomings from the start like an adult.

It wasn't only until your 3rd month of being very close friends when Jovan opened up to you about his past and the deal with his condition. It was an emotional night for both of you, baring all of your demons to each other with trust that the other won't take advantage of it. And that's exactly what happened. You were able to accept Jovan for the person he is wholeheartedly, and that's when you realized that you were madly in love with him.

It was the same night he confessed his feeling to you, claiming that he's got nothing left to lose after showing his true self. Both of you rejoiced in each other's arms, and you couldn't believe what just happened. Jovan, the talented man behind Yvie Oddly, the subject of your inspiration, was holding you so closely like life depended on it.