Chapter three: Home sweet home

"Rose, hon. Wake up" Jack whispered. Rose yawned and rubbed her eyes and smiled at her boyfriend.

"We need to talk" he said.

"We need to start searching for a job. We'll stay here for four weeks"

"Two" Rose corrected him.

"Four. While you were sleeping Officer Lowe said that they allow us to stay for four weeks so we can find a job" Jack said and Rose nodded.

"So. I can go in the center and draw people so they can give me money. What about you, what should you do?"

"I can work as a waitress. I don't mind at all, at least I want a good salary" Rose said.

"Good. Now, Princess Rose, should we go for breakfast?"

"Of course Prince Jack" Rose laughed. She pulled the pink dress she wore the night of the sinking. It had finally drained completely.

Jack saw where Ruth and Cal went and went to the other dinning room. Jack was still amazed. He hadn't used to such good food. Rose laughed at this.

A bit later, Rose left to go find a job while Jack went to draw people. It was good, the line was big. He was drawing for five hours and he was extremely tired. He returned at the hotel, want you to take a warm bath and go to eat dinner.

"Jack I did it, I found a job!" Rose yelled excited.

"That's amazing sweetheart!" Jack said and hugged her.

"I went first in two restaurants but they didn't want me because I'm young. I then went to a local cafe and they took me! With big salary!"

"Well done love. I managed to earn some money. The line was big and some told that they'll come and the next day too with friends or family" Jack said.

"Awesome. Let's go and eat dinner" Rose said.

"Jack, Rose!" Someone shouted. They turned and saw Jack's best friends Fabrizio and Tommy walking to them.

"How did you survived?" Rose asked with happy tears in her eyes.

"I swam and managed to get in a lifeboat. Tommy was shot but they pulled him in a lifeboat and he was saved" Fabrizio said.

"What about Helga?" Jack asked.

"She is waiting in a table. Come on" Tommy said.

"H-hello Jack, Ross" Helga said trying to speak English.

"Hi Helga" Jack and Rose greeted her.

The weeks passed quickly. Rose and Jack stayed with Helga, Fabrizio and Tommy in Helga's house. Her parents had died and she was staying with Fabrizio and Tommy. Tommy met a girl named Susan and went to stay with her.

"Rose." Jack said two months after the sinking.

"Hmmm?" She asked trying to focus on her sewing machine. She was fixing her and Jack's clothes alone.

"I have you a suprise"

Rose looked at him and smiled.

"I bought a house"

"A house? Really? Oh Jack, I love you so much!" She said.

"We're in second class from now. You don't mind right?"

"No I don't. When we're going?"

"When our things will be there"

A week passed and it was time for Jack and Rose to leave. Helga and Fabrizio said goodbye to their friends and finally left.

The house was in a nice neighborhood. It had another five houses. Theirs was in the middle. It had a big garden with a table and four chairs. It had nice flowers and plants.

Jack took a key out of his pocket and unlocked the door. Rose entered first and wandered down a small hallway that had been painted lavender. "My favourite colour", she smiled to herself. Upon reaching an ordinary brown door, she entered the living room, which was also the dining room. The walls, like the hallway, were painted lavender. By the window stood a very fashioned sofa that she instantly fell in love with. They also had a telephone and a enormous bookcase. She began to wander over to the other side of the room where a wooden table with two chairs and a cream table cloth stood. On the walls hung posters and pictures fitting Jack and Rose's different personalities that created a lump in her throat. Regattas at Argenteuil by Monet was beautifully hung by the bookcase

Rose finally let Jack show her the kitchen before taking one last look around the living room in a fascinated manner, as if she'd never seen a living room before. The kitchen was quite like any other kitchen she'd seen before. The surfaces had been newly fitted and the stove was brand new. After looking around the kitchen, Jack began to lead her to their bedroom. It was painted in the exact same blue her bedroom was at her parents house in Philadelphia. In the corner of the room stood a large, old fashioned wooden wardrobe. In the middle of the room was a large bed, more than big enough for two, with a plain duck egg blue duvet and three purple throw pillows. The wall beside the bed held a small book shelf with a picture of them. "So, what do you think?", Jack questioned.

"It's awesome" Rose said and kissed him. She was finally home.