Chapter 12

"I-"

               My voice gives out a second after I open it, something choking the words that I want to speak but can't, and the girl I already loathe is pushed off of Chandler's lap as he stands while Dave pulls me to his chest, hiding my face as I try not to cry.

               I'm surprising myself at how well I'm managing to maintain my tears, especially at the fact that I'm just so...overcome.

               "Hey. It's ok." I hear Dave's sultry voice try to calm me down as he rubs my back, the uncomfortable feeling giving me chills, and yet it's much more comforting than what I just saw.

               "What the fvck? Chandler? Babe, my as$ hurts now." The girl that I'm assuming is the one that was just swallowing Chandler's tongue whines and I bite my cheek to calm down.

               I'm not going to cry. Not a full on cry, right here, in front of everyone. I can't.

               "You want to leave?" Dave whispers and I push away as politely as I can to shake my head. "I'm sorry. I told him you were coming but...guess he didn't believe me?" He shrugs and I actually scoff before turning to look at Chan. His expression is shocked but then again completely confused.

-Chandler's P.O.V.-

               "I'll be fine here." Rae mumbles and I follow her as she makes her way through a few people, either watching TV or staring at us like they're fvcking hawks, before she sits down across the coffee table.

               What in the fvck...

               How the fvck does she know Dave? Have they been talking or some sh1t?

               "Chandler?" The Lola chick still at my feet looks up at me, her hands trying to reach up my leg again but I pull away before she can, and try to reach Raven, ready to ask what the actual fvck she's doing here, and how she knows Dave, but he cuts in front of me with a can of beer in his hand and the other palm on her back.

               If he thinks he can fvck with me, he's dead wrong.

               And if he gives Rae fvcking beer, I'll kick his drug dealing as$ into next month.

               I know what he is.

               A good guy sometimes, but all the way around, he's not worthy of breathing the same air as Raven. Maybe I'm not either but unlike him, I'm in love with her.

               "Everyone! This is Raven! A friend of mine! Make her feel welcome or I'll kick the sh1t out of you." He cheeses and I watch Rae avoid my glaring as much as possible.

               This cannot be happening.

               "Dave." I spit, and it halts him from sitting on the floor in front of the TV next to Rae.

               "Channy boy. You look like you've seen a ghost." He smiles, and it's killing me to see how uncomfortable Raven is. This is the house we both had each other in the first time. Her birthday. She turned 15 here for fvcks sake!

               "Shut up. Come here." I growl and push past a guy trying to impersonate me with the black Tee shirt and dark jeans with rips in them. As$hole. He should give it up cuz it looks like his face was shoved into a blender.

               Not caring that everyone is probably watching us, I turn to make sure Dave's following me, and push into the dining room where nobody is bothering to gather in so I can figure out what the heIl is going on.