Chapter 1: Growing Up (Soon to be Growing Out)

INTRODUCTION:

  It was halfway through Archie Andrews' senior year of high school. The past two years had been chock-full of crazy things, like a budding music career, gaining ownership of a boxing gym, and even getting to go to junior prom with a gorgeous girl who could very well be the love of his life. Oh...and not to mention the literal crazy things, such as getting arrested, getting attacked by a bear, being hunted by a fake but somehow real villain from a board game, and tons of other things that no teenager should ever have to endure. But finally, Archie Andrews was experiencing a much calmer life. Hiram Lodge was locked up, and Gryphons and Gargoyles was thing of the past. The Black Hood was gone, and so were any other mysterious criminals. The only thing in Archie's way was senior year and all of the things that come along with it.

CHAPTER 1: 

     "BEEP, BEEP, BEEP," Archie slammed his palm on his alarm clock, and rose out of bed. 

"Today's the day, "He thought, opening his drawers to pick out an outfit. Today was the day he, Archie Andrews, was going to ask Veronica Lodge to the senior prom. He knew he had to pick a nice outfit, but not too nice since he didn't want to look like a show-off. After a few too many times of putting shirts on and throwing them onto the bed in disgust, he settled on a blue and white baseball t-shirt and faded blue jeans. Archie looked at himself in the mirror, fixing his unruly red hair. "I'm honestly pretty lucky to have this body...but I have nobody but boxing to thank," He thought, running his hand down his abdomen and feeling the ridges of his muscles. Archie knew he was an attractive young man, and often tried not to brag or show off, but every once in a while he flexed at himself in the mirror and admired the hard work that had clearly paid off.

  Archie ran downstairs and grabbed a cupcake he found on the counter. Normally, he would eat an apple on the ride to school, but he couldn't find any in his haste to get to school, so he settled for the sugary snack. "Oh well, this couldn't hurt if I eat this once," He thought, stuffing the entire cupcake into his mouth and grabbing another on the way out the door.