Chapter 5: Prom Night

Much to Archie's dismay, any attempts to hold back with eating and continuing his exercise regimen were halted completely through a combinations of studying, Veronica's sudden interest in making sure Archie was "well-fed," and general lethargy. As a result, the next month resulted in him putting thousands of calories away into his rapidly softening body, sleeping in, and just being lazy in general. Exactly a month after the Pop's date, Archie was getting ready for prom.

   Archie rolled out of bed from a much-needed nap, and padded towards the bathroom to shower. He groggily stripped down and got in, starting to shampoo his hair. Once he started to wash his body, he happened to look down at his midsection. 

   Gone were his once prominent pecs; replacing them were the start of moobs. Archie's gaze went farther down in shock as he saw what could only be described as a classic case of dadbod. His pot belly flopped out lazily in front of him, nearly starting to block his view of his feet. Archie slapped his stomach in horror, watching it jiggle tauntingly back. He then hopped out of the shower and looked around in the mirror, seeing his formerly perky behind sagging in two chubby globes. His back muscles were completely smoothed over, and as he turned back to his face he noticed that his cheeks had filled out a bit, as well as his neck and jawline. "Oh, man this isn't good," He said aloud, grabbing the scale from under the sink. As he did so, he felt his stomach fold in half.

   Archie got on the scale, thinking about how much he weighed roughly the last time he weighed himself. "Uh, that can't be right," Archie said, getting off and back on the scale. "185?! That's twenty-five POUNDS!" He exclaimed in disbelief, grabbing his stomach and shaking in it in hopes it would somehow magically go away.

   Sighing, Archie walked into his room, hoping to any god out there that his tux still fit. He slowly put on the white shirt, buttoning it from the top down. He noticed it felt tighter by the third button, and he even had to suck in to get the lowest ones done. Careful not to breathe out too fast, Archie relaxed his abdomen as his stomach flowed out, tightening the shirt to the max and showing his fuzzy paunch in between the puckering buttons. Next, he pulled up his tailored pants, pants that were tailored for twenty-five pounds less of him. The legs weren't too tight, but the seat of the pants barely contained his new ample tush. Pulling up the pants, he found that his stomach was preventing him from closing the pants completely. Sighing, Archie pulled down the pants a bit and sucked in, finally able to button them under his belly. Glancing in the mirror, it was very clear this hunky young man had put on a few, as he had a belly cresting over the pants as well as some cute love handles pillowing over the sides.

   Last was the jacket, which was a bit tight over Archie's shoulders and didn't even come close to buttoning over his expanded middle. Archie felt discouraged to say the least, but he knew how fun prom was supposed to be, and he couldn't let his chubbiness ruin Ronnie's night. He sighed again, and headed downstairs.