forty-eight

real life

josephine hatter nervously faced the doors of the t-mobile arena in las vegas, nevada. it was her first visit to sin city. she was briefly introduced to the bustling life of the strip, and was now ready to take on this part of the trip.

well, at least she thought she was.

she grasped the handle but froze, receiving a groan from behind her.

"good lord, josephine! open the damn door!" isabell yelled.

"give me a second!"

"oh heavens, move."

josephine stepped out of the way and allowed her friend to open the door. they were met with security guards questioning why they were there 7 hours before showtime, but a familiar face came into view.

"they're with me," zack said, looking at the two girls.

"hi, zack!" josephine exclaimed with a smile.

"yeah."

"how are you? how have you been? i missed you!"

"i'm sure you did. i'm a wonderful person to be around," he said with a smirk, nudging josephine.

"ohhh, now i see where brendon gets his asshole-ness from," isabell laughed.

"hey! be nice," josephine scolded through giggles.

"i was never a fan of you anyway, diego," zack said sarcastically.

"oh, please."

zack led the girls through the arena, giving them a tour of the production that was being set up. josephine was amazed by the stage made from the band's logo. she had never seen anything like it, and knew only someone like brendon could want it.

he showed them the perks of vip tickets and introduced them to a few of the crew members.

"brendon is probably streaming right now. i'm
assuming you don't want to be seen on his camera," zack said as they neared the dressing rooms.

"that would be ideal, yeah," josephine replied.

"okay. i'll go get him. wait here, please."

as the taller man walked out of sight, the anxiety flowing through josephine began to rise. she bit on her thumb nail absentmindedly and kept a solid gaze on her feet.

"why are you so nervous, jo?" isabell asked.

she shrugged, "i don't know. i haven't seen him
since he left for australia. what if he doesn't like me anymore?"

"i thought you guys were just friends?"

"i mean...i don't know, he's so attractive and sweet. i just can't get hurt like that again."

"i understand that. i know ava and cassidy are giving you a rough time, too. just know that i'm
here to support you, babygirl."

josephine smiled and brought her friend in for a tight embrace.

"love you, iz."