Chapter One

Thea's P.O.V
My heart was racing. My quiver tugging furiously on my shoulder. I pulled a new arrow and raised my bow. I pulled the string of the bow to my lip and aimed at my target. I released the arrow, causing a resounding 'thwack' as it sunk into the target. I wiped the sweat from my brow.
"Wow, sleep much?" a voice behind me asked.
I ignored the voice and carried on training. I shot another arrow, this time missing the target. But he stood there, not moving.
"You're not going to leave until I do, are you?" I asked, irritated with his company. I rolled my eyes and continued. This is going to be a long night.
"Thea," Roy Harper turned me around to face him. "Get some rest, please."
I couldn't resist his eyes. They could make me do anything he wanted me to.
"Okay," I nodded shyly. Why do I get this nervous around him?
Roy seemed to notice my nervousness. "Thea, what's wrong?" He asked.
"Nothing," I lied, my hands beginning to shake.
Roy grabbed my wrists. "Thea, I'm here for you. You have to stop this."
"I can't Roy. I just can't," I said, my eyes glassing with tears.
I pulled away from his grip and ran towards the back stairwell.
"Thea," Roy called after me.
I kept running. I need to be alone. Even if it is in the rain.
Roy ran outside with me. He ran his hand through my dripping hair and pulled me into a hug. "It's alright, Thea," he said.
"I can't do this alone, Roy."
His words soothe me. The way my name rolls off his tongue makes my heart flutter. I don't know what made me say it, I just couldn't help it.
"I need you, Roy, I love you."
My whole world stopped. What did I just do? Have I just ruined everything between us?
Roy nodded. "I love you too, Thea," he said, brushing the wet hair out of my eyes.
The whole world seemed to slow down immensely as Roy pulled me in closer and kissed me on the lips.
Roy let go of me and ran out further into the rain.

Roy's P.O.V
I'm trying to wrap my head around what I just did.
I can hear Thea yelling for me to come back, but I'm afraid that everything between us will never be the same.

***

When I walk down to the basement of Verdant the next day, I notice Thea waiting for me, arms crossed. The look on her face suggests that I did something wrong.
"What?" I asked, annoyed.
"You just left me last night. Confused, alone in the rain. A little warning next time," she snapped.
I nodded. "I'm sorry," I told Thea. "I just had a lot going on."
"And I didn't? You don't just kiss a girl and walk off, Roy."
Even the way she yelled at me, she still looked beautiful.
"I'm sorry," I said, pacing back and forth. "I don't know what I was thinking."
"The funny thing is, I don't wish it never happened. I wish it would happen again," she revealed shyly.
I looked up at her. I was about to kiss her when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs.
"This always happens," she whispered, irritated as her older brother, Oliver came into view.
Oliver seemed to notice the tension between us. "What's going on?" He asked.
I stepped away from Thea. "Uh, nothing," I replied.
Oliver nodded. "Suit up, we have armed gunmen at the bank on Holland and Haynes."
"Can we just take a break today?" Thea asked, yawning.
"No," I replied, standing in front of Thea with my suit on. "We have to go."
"If I get shot, I'm blaming you." She said, glaring and pointing her finger at me.
I shook my head. "You won't, Thea," I assured her. "Just trust me."