Chapter Eight

Thea's P.O.V

I watched sadly as Roy ran into the pouring rain, to the point where I couldn't see him any more.

The tears that were streaming down my face where like those of the pouring rain outside.

"Roy?" I called, running out into the rain.

No response.

"Roy!" I yelled, his name getting caught in my throat.

I quickly looked around. Around me were buildings and roads that I didn't recognize.

"Where am I?" I thought to myself.

I just started to walk. I didn't know where I was walking, but it just felt like the right way to go.

I finally arrived at a small bar and walked in.

"Can I get you something?" The bartender asked me.

I looked around. "Water, please," I said.

"Anything else?" She asked.

I shook my head. "I'm good," I replied.

"You look forlorn, boyfriend issues?" She asked.

I gave her a look.

"I meant girlfriend! I mean it's 2019. Not that I know you have a girlfriend, I was just wondering," she said, before looking down awkwardly. She reminded me of someone, I couldn't put my finger on who.

"What's your name?" I asked curiously.

The young bartender looked up. "Uh, Eliza. Eliza Zolomon"

"I've never heard anyone who works in a bar say the word 'forlorn'," I smiled.

Hearing this, Eliza started stuttering. "I uh-" She searched for words. "My Mom is a scientist and my Dad...Well that's another story."

I laughed. "I'm-"

"Thea Queen," Eliza replied, "Your name is pretty big around this area," she laughed.

Something about Eliza's last name suddenly clicked in my mind. "Zolomon?" I asked, getting serious. "A couple of my friends know a Zolomon."

Eliza gulped. "Hunter and Alexis Zolomon are my parents," She paused, "You know who The Flash is, right?"

"Yeah! I saw him about 30 minutes ago. Why?" I asked.

Eliza looked at me. "Do you know who The Flash is? Like under the mask?"

I shook my head. "No, I don't. Why?"

Eliza smirked, as if she could tell I was lying. "No reason," she said.

At the moment, a boy walked up to the bar. "Hey, Li- Eliza," He said, faltering.

"Hey, Charlie," Eliza said, waving. "I'll be with you in a moment.

Eliza turned back to me. "Good luck, Ms. Queen."

I laughed. "Call me Thea."

"Okay, Thea Queen. See you around." Eliza said, before she went to take the boy, Charlie's order.

I finished my water and left a small $1 tip on the table.

I headed out into the still raining street and hailed a taxi.

"Thea Queen?" He asked, surprised, "Where to?"

"Um." I thought to myself 'where to?' "The Verdant," I answered.

"Got it," He smiled.

When we arrived I handed him a $50 bill.

"Keep the change," I smiled.

Walking inside, I pulled out my phone and called Felicity.

She answered on the first ring.

"Where are you?!" she asked frantically.

"I'm at the Verdant, why?" I asked, yawning.

"It's Caitlin," she breathed.

"What about her?" I asked.

"Get here quickly and find a medic or a chemist! Just get here quick!" Frantic was now seen as an understatement.

Roy's P.O.V

The clerk looked up at me and smiled.

"You okay, son? I haven't seen you around here for a while," He asked, smiling brightly.

"I'm great thanks Dave," I mumbled staring at the multiple types and flavours of gum situated in the stand.

"What can I do for you?" He asked.

"Uh, I ordered a package delivered to this address. I was just here to pick it up," I answered, hoping for less conversation. I was not in the mood.

Dave, the clerk, passed me the box and I took it with a loose smile.

Walking out of the store and into the street, I began to unravel the brown tape which sealed the box.

As I was walking, the rain stopped. A cold breeze took its place. I can't go back to Starling City. That's why I'm here. To be mentored, to receive headspace, and to be back home.

Gotham City.