Best Friends

Y/N's POV

I had been waiting on this day for what feels like an eternity. My best friend since birth, Grammy award winning and multiple platinum pop star Ariana Grande, was flying back home today from her last show on the Sweetener World Tour.

I can honestly tell you how much I miss the fun we used to have before she became busy 24/7, but that's the price I have to pay for being the best friend of an international popstar. I'll be forever thankful and grateful for Ariana and our beautiful friendship.

I haven't seen her in a few months and I have really missed that dimpled smile, those warm hugs, and her cute giggle. I missed her. I'm so in love with everything about her.

What Ariana didn't know was that I have been in love with her for years and she's always been so oblivious to it. I would flirt with her almost every waking moment and she would always treat my feelings as if I was joking with her. It hurt me when she would do that, but I eventually got over it and just continued to be my normal gay ass.

I remember one night around a year and a half ago when she came to my house after she broke it off with Ricky and "accidentally" made out with me for hours with her just laying in my arms. I was the one that always comforted her through her ups, downs, and failed relationships.

I don't think she realizes that my life practically revolves around hers and that she's my lifeline. When she's happy so am I and it's almost like we're the same exact person but in two different bodies.

She was absolutely stunning in every way. God, she's so perfect and kind. I can't wait to see her.

Ding!

Speaking of the devil herself.

New text message from loml 🥰

loml 🥰 - goodmorning baby! cant wait to see u and hold u in a few.. 🥺💗

me - goodmorning angel! ive missed u sm n im so proud of u.

loml 🥰 - ive missed u more...u have no idea. i can't wait to give u the biggest hug. i want your cuddles too 🥺

me - my lil baby...ur so cute angel. u can have all the cuddles u want if u come to my parents (they want to see u and we're having a "small" get together w the neighborhood btw)

loml 🥰 - okay baby i miss pat and john too maybe a lil more than u ;)
loml 🥰 - also just landed boo....be there v soon *sends pic*

me - GOD FUCKING CHRIST
me - warn a bitch next time please?! you're so beautiful, baby girl. 😍😍
me - and RUDE! *sends pic*

me - me and u both know that u miss ME more than my fucking parents... 🙄

loml 🥰 - oml ur so cute but yeah you're right i definitely missed my baby more ;) see u soon

//

I set my phone down my breathing heavy and my heart hammering against my chest.

How does she always do this to me? Was she really flirting with me?

I don't know what changed when she was on tour but I like her like this. I love hearing that she misses me. I mean I've always been flirty but her returning it now? um HELLO.

Can she just be mine already, fuck?!

I walk outside sitting at the picnic table by our pool with my father. He glances at my disheveled look and chuckles.