•04•

I made my way to the Cullen house at exactly 5:30pm, after informing Charlie of where I would be. I didn't have to, but I figured it would make my nephew feel a bit better to know my whereabouts in case I didn't return home that night. My mind was swimming with possibilities of what would happen once arrived at the Cullens.

My worst fear was that Carlisle would turn me away. I would understand if he did. I left without any explanation. I didn't give him a single answer to why I had to leave, I just packed my things and disappeared when he was working one day.

Carlisle had been my closest friend for a year, and I knew there was something different about him. He wasn't like any of the other humans I had encountered, and he knew I was different as well. Though, neither of us told each other our secrets, we still lived comfortably in one another's presence.

Whatever Carlisle was, it's apparent that he's also immortal or else he would have died centuries ago. No matter, I was happy to know that he was still alive, and I was eager to catch up with him.

I pulled up to the Cullen home silently, pulling my bike to a stop as I looked up at the beautiful house. It was apparent that the Cullens had money, their home was huge and it was the most gorgeous thing I had ever seen.

"Bella!" the familiar musical chime of Alice Cullen brought my attention from the house to the front door which she had danced her way out of.

"Little Cullen," I greeted politely as I climbed off of my bike just in time to catch her in a hug, "Hello to you too," I chuckled as I patted her head awkwardly. I wasn't much for physical affection, and so this was strange to me. I didn't voice my discomfort, however, because I could see that Alice seemed to enjoy showing her affection physically.

"Come! Carlisle's been anxiously awaiting your arrival," she grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the front door.

"He has, has he?" I questioned curiously, wondering just how much the Cullen children told Carlisle.

"Yep!" She dragged me inside, and I followed after her, easily keeping pace with her stride. Once inside, I could see that the house was just as beautiful on the inside as it was on the outside. I didn't have much time to admire it, however, because Alice dragged me up the stairs into what I could only assume was their sitting room.

The Cullen children filled the room, Edward and the bear man sat on the couch with one another. The bear man had an arm lazily thrown across the back of the couch and Edward was cuddled into his side. This made me believe that they were possibly together. The blond Texan stood off in the far back of the room, and Rosalie sat in front of him in an armchair. Then my eyes zeroed in on the one person I had came here to see.

Carlisle Cullen, in all of his glory. He didn't look like he aged a bit. He sat in an armchair as well, a beautiful brunette woman stood behind him, with her hand on his shoulder. As soon as Carlisle saw me, he was off of his feet in an instant. Alice had released my arm and stepped away from me as Carlisle approached me. He wore a look of shock as he took me in closely.

"Isabella?" He whispered as if afraid to speak aloud. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I looked at Carlisle silently. I gave him a short nod and before I could even speak, I was in his arms and he was hugging me tightly. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him just as tight. I had to fight with myself not to cry. It was truly him.

The one true friend I had ever had. He was here, and alive.

"I-I don't understand," he said as he pulled away to look at me, his golden eyes taking in y features, "The last time I saw you was-,"

"1796," I finished for him.

"You haven't aged a day," he said as he took me in, and I smirked silently at him.