THREE

The day was coming near for my first doctors appointment and then soon after mom and John would be home and I wasn't looking forward to having to tell them I was pregnant. Especially when it was going to make me look like a loose little whore. Jason excitedly brought me to that first appointment and he was smiling the entire time. We were very happy looking at the ultrasound pictures on our way home.

I felt so amazed that this was real life. Unfortunately when the next week came and mom called saying they were on their way home from the airport. I looked in the mirror to make sure I looked normal. My breasts were clearly bigger and I was bloated, but nothing a baggy T-shirt couldn't fix. I sat down casually on the couch and reminded Jason that prior to everything since they've left I would never be close to him or really talk to him so I didn't want to cause any suspicion.

I heard the door open and saw my mom walk in followed by John. I took a deep breath and smiled my fakest smile, mom instantly wanted a hug. Which I was fearing from the moment I got the call. I walked slowly over and hugged her. She looked confused. "Did you put on some weight?" She asked, "nice to see you too." I giggled nervously. "I'm sorry, honey. Maybe it's just bloat from your period or something. I shouldn't have said it the way I did." She said as she sat on the recliner. "Mom I have something I need to tell you." I said nervously as I took a seat back on the couch. Mom hesitated.

I never really had bad news for her, and from my tone of voice she clearly knew this wouldn't be me saying I did well on my finals or something like that. I looked down at the floor and back up. God, how could I tell her? I was the good girl, it was never me in trouble, I did everything she ever asked of me, I was kind, I was a fantastic student, and it was always Jason who had the issues with behavior. Maybe I just would be better off spitting it out- "what the hell is it, honey?" Mom finally spat at me. John had hesitated in the doorway wondering what bad news I could possibly give them.

The suspense was killing everyone, hell it was killing me too because I had no clue how the fuck I could even tell my poor mother that I was pregnant and still in high school. I looked up into her deep brown eyes, they looked glossed over from exhaustion and they looked full of worry. "Mom, I'm pregnant. I'm so sorry!" I said feeling my face turn red, as tears began to fall I could tell my face was hot. The cool tears relieving the intensity of the heat rising in me. The fear was obvious to all, even Jason who had to play it off as if he had no clue.

"How? When?" Mom asked trying desperately to make sense of her innocent little girl who didn't socialize much with the opposite sex telling her that she was having a baby so young in life. "I don't know who it was, I went to a party with Kendall and I found out two weeks after." I said lying through my fucking teeth. I was the worst daughter ever. Mom looked down clearing her throat, mentally you could see her telling herself not to cry and to stay calm. John opened his mouth about to speak, then paused. "Are you keeping it?" He eventually asked. Mom shot a look over at him. "John!" She yelled.

"What?" He cluelessly asked, "don't pressure her, please. She has a lot to think about." She said as she threw her head into her hands. A moment of silence passed and then mom looked back into my scared, tear filled eyes. "Honey, are you keeping it?" She asked. John threw his arms up angrily. "I am." I said looking apologetic. "Okay, then we'll figure this out." She said standing up and walking towards the stairs. "I'm so sorry, mommy!" I cried. "Baby, I love you but I don't want to speak to you for a little while." She said as she walked up the stairs. I heard her door slam and looked over at John who remained frozen in the doorway.

Jason looked stunned and noticeably sorry for me. He got on his phone and played it off, seconds later my phone buzzed and I looked to see an apology from Jason who looking more and more worried. I shook my head at him to not be sorry. Soon John was following mom upstairs to check on her and I decided I needed some rest as well. I was the most selfish daughter ever. But what would that make Jason?